EEC-III should die

Participant count
  • Participant list

diminishedpower
10+ year member

I Like Chicken
Iowa
/start rant

ok i just spent 3 hours working on one of my cars with EEC-III ingnition system, all i have to say is its the most annoying system ever. Anyone else ever work on it? Its just in cars from 80-83ish. Long story short, no codes are on the computer for this system, its all test lights and ******* on a tub or using a compresser to test every part on it... annoyinh

/end rant

/start rant
ok i just spent 3 hours working on one of my cars with EEC-III ingnition system, all i have to say is its the most annoying system ever. Anyone else ever work on it? Its just in cars from 80-83ish. Long story short, no codes are on the computer for this system, its all test lights and ******* on a tub or using a compresser to test every part on it... annoyinh

/end rant

EEC III blows Llama nuts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've had several cars with it.

My 83 Cougar Show Car still retains most of it's EEC-III system, with a few modifications.

It's much easier to swap over to a complete EEC-IV System than to mess with the EEC=III really.

But, if you learn it, and get used to it, it's not as bad.

The main secret to EEC-III is to treat things like you would with older carb'd vehicles, while keeping in mind that it is EFI at the same time.

yea im getting used to it not really as hard to diagnose once u get sued to it, and its a boat of a licoln, i dont see its work all the time to pay all the money to pretty much stripo a licoln mark seven and strip and convert it to eec-IV

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.