eDead UE, my thoughts...

I sure hope ben chokes on this test, like his products .... *oops did i say that out loud?*
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

At least Rick isn't trying to pass Raammat off for something it isn't. Every test that I've ever seen on Raammat it measured up to the published specs. And at $1.75 - $1.90 you aren't getting ripped off.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
At least Rick isn't trying to pass Raammat off for something it isn't. Every test that I've ever seen on Raammat it measured up to the published specs. And at $1.75 - $1.90 you aren't getting ripped off.
yeah id agree with that.... you cant trust ben miline though, thats always been a given.... THis is out of the scope of this topic, but to me really the only thing eDuh ever produced that was worth a fawk was the EU700's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

No offense Frootloop, but aside from measuring the thickness of the aluminum and weighing the product, all this test has shown is that you should not take a flame to eDead, nor should you soak it in turpentine.

Edit: I guess you've also shown that both products hold up well under "reasonable" high temp conditions.

Maybe you could possibly get someone who already owns some raamat to send you a sample piece for testing. Or you can contest Raamat for a sq ft for a sample? I'd really like to see some results with raamat.

Wow! I'm actually surprised (once again) that I wasn't greeted with name calling and profanity being thrown my way for doing what I did. Really appreciate it!
Mainly because most people on this forum don't like eD too much. For example, some would rather use dogshit to deaden their doors than eDead.

great review!

i put both on my car, but i put the second skin on the vertical areas like doors and put the edead on the floors only. you can really see a big difference how second skin applies/sticks WAY better. edead is more stiff and good for complete flat areas

No offense Frootloop, but aside from measuring the thickness of the aluminum and weighing the product, all this test has shown is that you should not take a flame to eDead, nor should you soak it in turpentine.
Edit: I guess you've also shown that both products hold up well under "reasonable" high temp conditions.
None taken.

Weight has a lot to do with vibration damping, I simply wanted to know how much it weighed per sq. ft.. At nearly 1 lb. per sq. ft. it is definitely the heaviest product out there (to my knowledge). Mass loading = vibration control.

Measuring the thickness of the aluminum facing was to see if it literally measured up to the published thickness (5 mil aluminum with 1 mil mylar, for a total facing thickness of 6 mils).

Soaking the products in turpentine was simply to dissolve the butyl core to get an accurate measurement of the foil facing. But as I discovered when doing this, the butyl mix of both products are COMPLETELY different. I'm sure this has something to do with the actual performance (adhesion, temperature rating, vibration damping, ect.) of both products.

Yes both products held up well in the temp test. And yes most people won't see 400°F in their car, but if you were to use it under the hood (like many people have, including myself) 400°F is easily hit and the last thing I would want would be any of it coming off and going somewhere it shouldn't be (use your imagination to choose which engine component gets slimed).

And again, I did all of this to satisfy my own curiosity and had nothing to gain from any of this (other then the couple death threats... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif). I just thought that I would share my findings with everyone.

Yeah, I just got my order of the UE, the new SDS will be up in a week or two, lots of new products, liquids, etc.
Sweet, can't wait!

There has been some debate over what I did. The debate has more or less been over how the tests were done and who I am (contributing member and moderator of the Second Skin Audio forums), basically discrediting me as an impartial person. Like I keep saying, I get nothing out of any of this! I did this to satisfy my own curiosity (hints the name of the thread "eDead UE, my thoughts...").

So this ends all of the testing for me, just because some people out there don't think I can be impartial and provide accurate information. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

There has been some debate over what I did. The debate has more or less been over how the tests were done and who I am (contributing member and moderator of the Second Skin Audio forums), basically discrediting me as an impartial person. Like I keep saying, I get nothing out of any of this! I did this to satisfy my own curiosity (hints the name of the thread "eDead UE, my thoughts...").
So this ends all of the testing for me, just because some people out there don't think I can be impartial and provide accurate information. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Seems to me it turned out to be a somewhat favorable review, if you look at it objectively. If you consider nobody will be torching their sound deadener or soaking it in turpentine. You said yourself that it's the heaviest mat you've encountered, which translates into better damping of vibrations.

Unfortunately some people interpretted it negatively.

Screw what everybody else thinks. The ones who are mad are probably the ones who spent tons of money on edead. For what its worth, i appreciate your testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.