ED cust service lacking?

Originally posted by bobhope first let me start off by saying i understand ED probably has huge email volume and such but i emailed them over 2 weeks ago about my blown speakers asking how much it would cost to have them fixed.... no response as of yet.... so im stuck with 2 blown 15" elemental k series subwoofers that are doing me no good except taking up space... bah i want these fixed! I learn from my mistakes and its sad to say but these 15's cannot handle 600 rms (well they handled it well for the 6 months i had them installed but i think i might have sent them a clipped signal and the wrote the end of the story for them)

anyways is anyone else having problems with their customer support? and do they have a phone number i can call up and talk to an actual person!
cant take 600 rms? I've burped my 2 12" k's at 1000 rms each....they still do me fine....

Originally posted by conniption i spoke to them today about some e dead that i ordered 3 weeks ago. they said htat theyve been swamped, but finally caught up around the fourth. chillout, anyone who has a problem, should just cancel their order, if u can wait for quality, go to bestbuy like josh points and chump out on a sony. that will show your style off better anyways. patience is a virtue, and the best things in life are worth waiting for.

Yes but I guarantee you haven't waited as long as me.

Originally posted by Aurorav8 If you think it's all hype then go get your Sony subs.

Oh, I ordered mine one day and got it 3 days later....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Their customer service is top notch in my book. It's the fact that he has 10,000 people like you emailing him and calling him everyday saying they ordered their subs 2 hours ago and still don't have them.

You tend to get backed up when your trying to fill 3,000 orders and get them shipped more or less by yourself for the time being.
Hey I placed my order 2 months ago. Like I said before what happened to first come first serve? I didn't email him and call him everyday. The only time I emailed was when I was told it was going to be resolved in a certain number of days and it never was. So looks like your wrong buddy.

Hey Josh did you get in touch with Ben before? (Did you see his post? It might be on the page before this one)...

I feel for ya man, hope you get the K's ASAP, and you enjoy them...I'm pretty sure you will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

folks i havent read all the 3 pages and from the 1st page it would seem some of the complaints are justified.

however, you have to realise that eD IS A SMALL FIRM. at last count (about 5 months ago) eD employed like way under 20 satff i think and when you consider the amount of work, admin, emails, calls, checking, shipping, authorising....and so on these workers have to do, you'll realise that many of them are just like hamsters in a wheel, going round round round.

but then i suppsoe thats what happens when a small firm becomes a success....lets hope eD dont become a victim of their very own good fortune

Is kaosmoon's pm kaosmoon? I sent an email to the address listed but I haven't received a response and I sent a pm to kaosmoon but I haven't gotten a response for this either.

I believe Kaosmoon has his pm feature turned off. It might be a better to stick to email or calling him from monday onwards, since Ben will have new employees coming in to work in a few hours...

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by conniption

i spoke to them today about some e dead that i ordered 3 weeks ago. they said htat theyve been swamped, but finally caught up around the fourth. chillout, anyone who has a problem, should just cancel their order, if u can wait for quality, go to bestbuy like josh points and chump out on a sony. that will show your style off better anyways. patience is a virtue, and the best things in life are worth waiting for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get this....I ordered a 12" O series from ED and cancelled the order the next morning...they emailed me back with an "Ok, that shouldn't be a problem!"...and then about a week later, i come home after spending 2 bills on my new HU, and guess what I see...a huge white box with "Elemental Designs" label and a hefty 200 dollar bill on my credit card statement...not only is this lacking customer service, they have disappointed me greatly, but we're all human...the only thing is that this is going to be very difficult for me cuz I'm packing up my stuff and getting ready to go hit summer school and this has gotten in my way....but ED still has my complete respect...

peace.

Quote:Get this....I ordered a 12" O series from ED and cancelled the order the next morning...they emailed me back with an "Ok, that shouldn't be a problem!"...and then about a week later, i come home after spending 2 bills on my new HU, and guess what I see...a huge white box with "Elemental Designs" label and a hefty 200 dollar bill on my credit card statement...not only is this lacking customer service, they have disappointed me greatly, but we're all human...the only thing is that this is going to be very difficult for me cuz I'm packing up my stuff and getting ready to go hit summer school and this has gotten in my way....but ED still has my complete respect...

peace.
Just 1 more hour before the new employees kick into service of eD...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just 1 more hour before the new employees kick into service of eD...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I checked their site and it says that edk 10's are on back order. I hope this isn't the case. I'll call them today at lunch and see if this is.

ED is small, they have a lot of customers to satisfy. They don't have the luxury of hands on customer service since they are an internet only store, which makes things 10 fold more difficult. They don't have the benefit of specifically telling people what to do, what not to do when they purchase the drivers. Since people are stupid, this leads to problems that must be dealt with, at the same time as fulfilling orders and preorders. Accept this as a reality. I waited far longer for my B15 than your 10K's and I don't recall whining about it since really, there's not a lot you can do. Accept it, or take your business elsewhere are about your only two options.

I ordered a 15a then decided on the amp combo. They said it would eb ok to cancel the first order. That was over a month ago. And I just wish they would have told me about how busy they are. Maybe had a note left on the site or something. I guess im glad for the forum. I understand completly why it is taking so long, but if i didnt know now about the success of the company then i would still be thinking that they have crappy customer service.

Thanks guys

jeeeez, i ordered my k's 3 week days before i got them, and then got the avionixx 4 week days after i ordered. if you ask me i think that the service is outstanding. but it is true that it is a one man opperation and you should take into account that this forum and SIN have a vast interest in this company. it is growing too fast.

al

jeeeez, i ordered my k's 3 week days before i got them, and then got the avionixx 4 week days after i ordered. if you ask me i think that the service is outstanding. but it is true that it is a one man opperation and you should take into account that this forum and SIN have a vast interest in this company. it is growing too fast.
al

What size did you order? DId you order 12's or 10's. THey finished the 12's way before the 10's. I call ED today and they said that they shipped out my order today. They gave me the tracking number so I should receive them probably next week I figure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.