eclipse titanium equivalent?

yeah I'm not as picky with her setup she just likes bump and I like it to sound clean so I want something I can tolerate when I have to drive or ride in her vehicle. The gcon seems to be priced pretty well also I am just a huge fan of the eclipse ti in sound I am not caught up in appearances although it doesn't hurt to have a nice looking sub either there is an eclipse ti on ebay but he wants way to much for it. also do you have any pointers on figuring up airspace in an oddly shaped fiberglass enclosure?
The cone offers better overall sound (for what most wants) that is the bigger impact of the cone over looks. The Gcon would get my vote though.

As for air space there are several ways to go about it. Depending on how the enclosure is setup you can do basic math for a square enclosure and subtract the area that is "not there", but that is more guess work then anything. When we do glass work here for SQ installs we fill it with a liquid and convert the numbers to ft3. It takes some time, but it is about 98% accurate in most cases.

how do you think the gcon would do in a sealed enclosure?
The Gcon would do great in a sealed enclosure. If your thinking of sealed up on the side it should do pretty good in that application.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

how does the arc audio flat line compare
I like the flat lines if you can get em for a good price. Overall a nice sub.

I have yet to this day found an equivalent 10 to the ti. its parameters are nearly unique to it. Might consider an hcca 10, closest thing ive found yet
my thoughts exactly. I'm sorry, but the Ti series is/were pretty hard to compare to just about anything. They were absolute monsters in their own right and they had the ability to sound very good in the correct enclosure. Plus, 4" of peak to peak excursion? Yeah.....

my thoughts exactly. I'm sorry, but the Ti series is/were pretty hard to compare to just about anything. They were absolute monsters in their own right and they had the ability to sound very good in the correct enclosure. Plus, 4" of peak to peak excursion? Yeah.....
Only downfall was the junk polyether surrounds, The HCCA is very similar in stroke (higher xmax but less Xmech) but beyond 3" P-P the movement of a Ti adds no pressure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. I have tsp's from mine listed on here in the quick reference threads. Grab an HCCA, I doubt it disappoints. I loved mine, it was louder than my Ti and didnt have as bad of an le spike but The Ti was a little more transient. The HCCA can play a lil flatter and a lil lower without the dip above Fb (if wired in parralel)

Only downfall was the junk polyether surrounds
x2, here's mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

IMG_2540.jpg

I've had many foam surrounds give up before anything else.

IMG_0018.jpg

I suggest looking around eBay or Craigslist, they show up every now and then. For example here... but seller is asking too much IMO

Eclipse sub sw9102 fujitsu | eBay

TC Sounds AXIS is same motor and should be close-ish.

Alternate option, there's some 3hp NEO motors on the forum here which are pretty sweet. Buy one and have it built from there.

I don't know about 10", but I know there's 12" OEM TC cones out there to be had.

I like kitty litter or packing peanuts to determine Ft^3. get a cardboard box, calculate 1 cube and then fill it with kitty litter or packing peanuts to the level marked, count how many boxes it took to fill the enclosure.. that can get you pretty **** close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.