eclipse titanium equivalent?

scparrish
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
I am looking for something that is pretty much on par with an eclipse titanium in a 10 if I had more luck locating an eclipse I would go that route but I am not having much luck so what do you suggest as an alternative. looking for 750-1000 rms price is pretty open but would prefer to be under 350.

I saw those for sale and am still debating if I want to use the extra space for the 12 vs the 10 I love the 12 I have in my truck

Care to suggest an equal sub, or just trollin
I corrected your statement to ensure the OP did not think it was correct so sorry, it was not a troll. The Epic is closer to the alum 88 series eclipse.

I as far as being "close" that is more of a realtive term and we would need far more information to toss up ideas as to what may be "close". Are we talking looks, motor power, power handling, how they perform in SQ situations....many many ideas to consider.

yeah I have mine ported in my truck and it sounds perfect in every aspect for me. I wanted a ten so I can build a ported enclosure and not take up as much space as a twelve it is going in a grand cherokee and my wife doesn't want it to take up to much space so I was thinking a 10 ported in a 1.75 enclosure tuned to 32-33hz I am going to try my hand at fiberglass and build it into the side panel in the back.

Fiberglass work is pretty simple, the hardest thing is to get over any fear or thoughts that it is hard. Once you get passed that and watch a few "how to" videos. You should be golden.

The biggest thing to watch for in subwoofer enclosures when glassing is air bubbles and don't cheap out on materials.

Gcon is a great sub, but I'm not 100% sure you would like going away from the ti/alum cone setup if that is your preference. Of course this is for your wife, which helps if you're not as critical with her setup. If that is the case then that opens up several options SSA would be one of them. Not to mention they are still here and producing subs which means if you purchase new you get a warranty.

yeah I'm not as picky with her setup she just likes bump and I like it to sound clean so I want something I can tolerate when I have to drive or ride in her vehicle. The gcon seems to be priced pretty well also I am just a huge fan of the eclipse ti in sound I am not caught up in appearances although it doesn't hurt to have a nice looking sub either there is an eclipse ti on ebay but he wants way to much for it. also do you have any pointers on figuring up airspace in an oddly shaped fiberglass enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.