ebay alternator or deka 9a31

Participant count
  • Participant list

desitdt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 15"s at the moment, running off of a usamp md3d, not at full power at the moment because of electrical, but i only have about $170 that i can spend on wither a battery or an alternator. I cant afford these $300 mechman or irragi alts, e4xpecially not on a 2000 explorer that is slowly dieing. THere are some 200a alts on ebay that will fit my year explorer...they have like 1.5 year warrenties. are these worth anything or will they crap out in a short time or not really put out 200a. Or should i just try my luck with a second battery?

with the 2k that amp is rated for a single 9a31 should be able to help (i know that is going to get the whole alt debate) but ive heard a few horror stories with the ebay alts.

also, what size power wire are you running and how/where do you have it grounded.

i have 1/0 everywhere, ive done the big 3...except i didnt see any increase when i did the big 3 :/ and its just before i had 2 kickerl5s off a md2d and my lights dimmed...as well i have alot of leds everywhere and just got some HID fogs.

you should notice quite a bit of difference with the deka. im running 2.5-3k off of a stock alt bat and a deka in the back, i get a drop into the mid 12s with test tones when ive got it well past normal listening level.

that said a good alt would be something to look into in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.