DVD system for 2011 Chevy Express

Participant count
  • Participant list

curdy

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here. My wife and I have 5 children and needed to get a bigger vehicle, so we went with a 2011 Chevy Express 12 passenger van.

We have been unhappy with portable DVD systems in the past due to durability and wanted to look into have an overhead system installed. We stopped by a local pro shop earlier today and they were a bit stumped on what to do. If you are not familiar with this vehicle there are rear climate controls and vents running nearly the width of the van right where we would want to install the screen. I've googled my brain out trying to find pictures of someone else that has had something installed and all I can find are conversions that have all new headliners and rerouted the ventilation as well.

If any of you are aware of some creative ideas on what we could do, it would be very helpful! The installer did say that he usually installs Audiovox systems for around $1100. That seemed high to me. Can anyone fill me in on what these usually cost?

I'm beginning to think I'm better off just getting another portable dual screen system or just 2 separate units and let the older kids watch one thing in the back while the younger ones watch something different up front.

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.