dumb question about rear vs sub RCAs

so i guess with that being said, i can connect my rear speaker RCAs from my head unit to use the HU crossover for High pass, then set my low pass on the rear speakers amp channels. If i had to use my Sub amp pre-amp outputs, id have to use something like this before connecting the RCAs to the rear speakers amp:https://www.parts-express.com/harrison-labs-fmod-inline-crossover-pair-70-hz-high-pass-rca--266-272
I'd try the solution in the other thread FIRST... You WILL be suprised at the result...

the reason most people would say not to use rear speakers, is because the sound from the front speakers would hit your ears before the rear speakers and the music would sound like crap. Setting my LPF on my sub at 125 does not produce a good midbass sound. I already have the midbass rears, and I would prefer to use them for my midbass frequency range. rears ARE feasible if used specifically for the midbass frequency range, that is a fact. I agree.. it is not necessary, but that is what i want for my sound system. All i want is the answer to my above question: does the head unit differentiate sending music specifically to the rears while NOT sending the same music frequencies to the fronts. I currently have my head unit set to (rear speakers off) so that all music intended to be played will be covered in the front speakers. Since i am planning to install midbass speakers in the rear (arrived today) if I connected the RCAs from the "Rear speakers" RCA connections on the head unit, none of the music above 400hz would be heard from these rears.
to simplify my question, are there any songs that will send music specifically to the rear spears and not the front speakers. I *know* that some songs play music from side to side (sound on the right side but not on the left for short periods, and vice versa), i am just not sure about front to back
No that is not the reason you would keep to front speakers... mid-bass is easy to audibly localize and having it coming from the rear is not ideal... you should hear a well setup system with minimal drivers involved... the soundstage will be on the dash the vocals centered and the sub very hard to localize... (meaning... it sounds like it is coming from the front)... that is what a good system sounds like... NOT midbass from the rear!.. that is what to avoid... at all costs!.. the fact that you hear the fronts first is really an irrelevant misconception as if it is set up correctly all frequencies above your sub range should be coming from the front anyways... do your doors and lose the drivers in the rear... the result will startle you...

you and whoever else have already drilled this in.. I realize midbass in the back is not ideal.. but i am going to install them before my sound deadening *soundskins* rolls arrive to see if you were right about the midbass on the front doors alone. All i need to do to test this is disconnect the RCA's from the rear speakers amp while testing out the fronts after sound deadening install. Until then.. i want to see how the midbass sounds coming from the back (which is NOT that far behind me). Please visualize this.. i am driving a truck with access cab rear doors. the driver side rear speaker is literally 2 feet away from where i am sitting. I completely understand what you are saying about not using midbass in the rear doors, and if you are right, i will just remove them.. I would rather trial and error and see for myself. What I said about hearing the front speakers before the rears is just something I was repeating from a professional on a different website, which makes sense. if you put 1 speaker next to you and a different speaker across the room and played the same audio on both, it would sound like a slight echo.. because you would hear the speaker closest to you before the speaker across the room. This doesnt seem like as much of an issue in the cab of a small truck (short distance), but again, i am just repeating what I had read on separate websites. Again.. I appreciate the input on my setup idea, but i just wanted my initial question answered, which has been accomplished.

Some people....are just plain stubborn. Would rather deal with the headache themselves and take it from us with EXPERIENCE.....so that they don't go thru the same BS we have gone thru.

If your wondering how to hook up a 5 ch amp, it's easy. I have ran a few in the past 3-4 years.

Cool man... it's your truck, I understand completely... and you want to try to use the equipment you've got... Real talk now... IT will sound like GARBAGE IMO... but what do I know?.. I've only been into this hobby for +25 years and installed before to make a living ... never saw a small truck with a system either... I wish you and your "mids" the best...

I'm wondering where he's getting this info from?? What website(s)?? I mean...nobody puts polyfil inside the door lol That's what sound deadening is for eh shredder?!

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

I hope Jeff/losisatool reads this and his other threads....I bet they gonna facepalm themselves.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']I'm wondering where he's getting this info from?? What website(s)?? I mean...nobody puts polyfil inside the door lol That's what sound deadening is for eh shredder?![/QUOTE]

I put a lot of effort into the explanation on the other thread... check it out... I'm getting tired of tryin'... remember @Wellyboy... that was epic...

[quote name='shredder1']Read the last post on this one... @Boomin_tahoe... it's a website in itself... LOL!.. but I do wonder....

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/633452-speaker-rms-power-handling-after-bandpassed.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah....so much to read goddamit!! He's ****** stubborn to hell....hate people like that. He believes what he read on another website giving absolute WRONG info and he believe's it. Can't wait to see the other replies from other people that read all this nonsense.....

Yeah....so much to read goddamit!! He's ****** stubborn to hell....hate people like that. He believes what he read on another website giving absolute WRONG info and he believe's it. Can't wait to see the other replies from other people that read all this nonsense.....
I'm holding out hope he sees the light... I explained the bridging as best I could... remember I cant type very well so it took awhile... but I recommend that 1162 RMS amp... hahaha

It's funny tho... people ask questions and if you don't tell them what they want to hear your answer is irrelevant and arbitrarily dismissed... I learned a long time ago that that Square peg might go into the round hole but It'll be a poor fit... Oh well... we'll see what develops... and get a PPI 1162 rms amp like mine...

wow.. you guys are complete a$$holes. I will admit that shredder knows what he is talking about, but boomin_tahoe just seems like a complete idiot that likes to jump in and say "ya! what that other guy said! see? your an idiot for thinking anything different!" you guys are making me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif . I have explained the best i could that i at least want to try it before i make a decision. youre not telling me anything i dont already know about how bridging my 2 fronts across my 4 channel amp to give double the power. I only said that i dont feel like i need to bridge them, but sure........ if i decide i want to later in the future.. sure... all i am saying is that I am going to TRY out those rear speakers for midbass just to see if there is a sound improvement. If i dont like it.. ill just take them back out... not a big deal... i dont understand wtf you guys keep going on and on and on and on and on about the midbass in the back.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif :wallbash: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.