dumb question about rear vs sub RCAs

wow.. you guys are complete a$$holes. I will admit that shredder knows what he is talking about, but boomin_tahoe just seems like a complete idiot that likes to jump in and say "ya! what that other guy said! see? your an idiot for thinking anything different!" you guys are making me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif . I have explained the best i could that i at least want to try it before i make a decision. youre not telling me anything i dont already know about how bridging my 2 fronts across my 4 channel amp to give double the power. I only said that i dont feel like i need to bridge them, but sure........ if i decide i want to later in the future.. sure... all i am saying is that I am going to TRY out those rear speakers for midbass just to see if there is a sound improvement. If i dont like it.. ill just take them back out... not a big deal... i dont understand wtf you guys keep going on and on and on and on and on about the midbass in the back.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif :wallbash: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif
I'll be blunt then... you've obviously NEVER heard a good setup... and as far as Boomin' goes... we all deal with this on a daily basis... look at what it says under his avatar...

I'll be blunt then... you've obviously NEVER heard a good setup... and as far as Boomin' goes... we all deal with this on a daily basis... look at what it says under his avatar...
You just gave me an idea......cut out some holes in my sub enclosure and mount some midbass speakers in it....!!

Better yet, go post your idiotic questions on SMD Forum....you think we or I make fun of you here, this is nothing....
Maybe DIYMA?.. there are some really far out subjects on there... might be someone there that will tell ya' what you want to hear... Polyfill?...

nBVyvzd.jpg

If we seem abrasive it only comes from reiterating the same thing over and over....

tNuFV14.jpg

Any other car audio forum will just laugh at him. We've basically answer his questions and tried to prevent him from making a mistake. But let him jump off a bridge/cliff and finds out if he'll live or not....seeififuckincare.

I'm thinking so!! 6.5" subs/mad midbass should bring the sound up front eh?! 4 of them little bastards....like AB or who else makes 6.5 oh ya Sundown duh!!
I've got 1 of these sitting here... cheap and BEEFY...

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series/products/evl-65?variant=18454532865

They're not really deep either... could work for a strong midbass in the doors.... 200 rms... and get a PPI 1162 rms tested like mine!

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Any other car audio forum will just laugh at him. We've basically answer his questions and tried to prevent him from making a mistake. But let him jump off a bridge/cliff and finds out if he'll live or not....seeififuckincare.
It's his car and only $$$... I agree...

No that is not the reason you would keep to front speakers... mid-bass is easy to audibly localize and having it coming from the rear is not ideal... you should hear a well setup system with minimal drivers involved... the soundstage will be on the dash the vocals centered and the sub very hard to localize... (meaning... it sounds like it is coming from the front)... that is what a good system sounds like... NOT midbass from the rear!.. that is what to avoid... at all costs!.. the fact that you hear the fronts first is really an irrelevant misconception as if it is set up correctly all frequencies above your sub range should be coming from the front anyways... do your doors and lose the drivers in the rear... the result will startle you...
I'll quote myself... not because I like to read what I type... because it is true... but I'll stop harping on the midbass thing... as I stated I got reamed on SMD once... left a bad taste that lingers to this day too... it's advice only were giving around here... I apologize if you feel it got personal... more advice... if we upset you the Thunderdome is a place to avoid for sure... they love strong opinions over there...

What head unit are you running if I missed it. Yes you can run midbass on the rears. If your headunit has processing power than you may be able to get it to sound pretty good. 125 does seem pretty high for a 6x9 in the front door. Any chance you can bring that lower and have the rear reinforce the sound? Between your head unit and amp you can dial in about any frequency you want given it sounds like they have the ability to do that.

How about you set your LP filter on your HU to 160 to your sub and then use the sub amps LP to set the sub to 80. This is assuming the RCA out on your mono amp is pass through. If not use y split RCA adapters before the sub amp and connect one to your rear speaker channel. Doing this your sub will be LP 80 and your rear speaker LP 160 or whatever you choose. This option would not allow you to time align to rears to be in phase with the rest like using your rear RCA channel from your HU and assuming it has time alignment.

Someone bumping up a old thread....that idiot hasn't been on since. Some people don't realize MOST sound comes from up front. He needs to visit a db drag event. He won't find anybody having mids in the rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.