Dual Kicker solo baric l7 15s 2k rms each

Down here in the Valle people love running L7s. I've heard a few that blur your vision when in the passenger seat(suv). I recall them all running Hifonics D class amps. Quite nice but too much for my taste.

dude they’re great! The l7 15s are so underrated and handle clean power so well,well over 1200 rms posted max rms rating

only thing is if you’re pushing them hard I’d only do 2-3 songs max On high amperage and then cool down, if ported you’ll smell when coils get warm, don’t say “they’re alright” no lol

You’re absolutely right sir it’s not that simple, have to add in box rise etc, and it’s strong strong electrical, but I also talked to company and they said at .5 expect to see anywhere from 3600 to 4K of useable amperage

Wattage. That would be on a resistive load not music. An L7 coil would never hold 2000 rms each anyways.

Wattage. That would be on a resistive load not music. An L7 coil would never hold 2000 rms each anyways.

I’m sure you’re right as I have not been able to turn my amp even close to all the way up, but I know for a fact I’m pushing them way past it’s limits, synergy “says” my amp will make 4K on strong Electrical

L7 can do well in the right enclosure...
yCrEZd.jpg

but 2k ea... I am doubtful.

One of my best friends ran two L7 15’s on a Crescendo 2k. That was pushing the limits of the L7s. They would go about 90 seconds at full tilt before they would start getting stinky.

You’re absolutely right sir it’s not that simple, have to add in box rise etc, and it’s strong strong electrical, but I also talked to company and they said at .5 expect to see anywhere from 3600 to 4K of useable amperage
If your pulling 4,000 amps I guarantee your way undersized on wire. I am going to say that you meant watts. I am a Master Electrician and the amount of wire to handle 4k amps would weigh as much as your car. The dyno test I have seen has that amp doing well over rated but clipping like a mother

Man y’all dumbaaaaa! Synergy efa 3k dyno 32? At 1 ohm I’m running .5 with box rise higher so! No as I said if you didn’t read subs are definitely far from seeing 2k each! But what they are seeing is a lot more than what they’re rated! And big 3 with 1/0 with a 1/0 ran to amp right after second battery/cap, a foot!-

Man y’all dumbaaaaa! Synergy efa 3k dyno 32? At 1 ohm I’m running .5 with box rise higher so! No as I said if you didn’t read subs are definitely far from seeing 2k each! But what they are seeing is a lot more than what they’re rated! And big 3 with 1/0 with a 1/0 ran to amp right after second battery/cap, a foot!-

I’m running my 2 l7 15s between 3700 to 4K rms each.

You can’t come on here and try to BS those who have been doing very loud builds for many years. 🤷‍♂️

Clamp actual output and you will see you are no where near that. I have 12k rms in amps and I see 6k actual power clamped.

Op...post up a pic of your clamped numbers like this...

Then maybe you'll find some believers on here. This was clamped #'s with an AAK 4000.1 (dual power/ground) at a Usaci event last year. For daily use clamped #'s mean nothing Imo, with my Platinum 18 I'm probably getting considerably less Fyi.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.