drilling into trunk floor--need some help

lotas
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright well im doing my false floor next week and im gonna be screwing/drilling into the floor of the trunk. i have a couple questions

1.) What type of hardware should I use to connect some 2x4's (the false floor will sit on these) to the trunk?

2.) How do I avoid hitting vital areas in the trunk i.e. gas tank. I realize you could say well look underneath but honestly I know nothing about cars, I can tell you where the engine is, the battery, and the exhaust pipe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and please any other pointers or topics you think I should know before I should attempt this would help. thanks!

use some long ass self tapping screws for conecting the wood to the trunk.

the only thing you have to worry about drilling into is the gas tank. google for a picture of a gas tank, look under your car and find the gas tank, then dont drill into it.

are you securing it down as a theft deterent purpose? because the weight of your false floor and amps, and box on top of that should prevent it from sliding arround. not to mention typically false floors follow the contour of the vehicle. so it wont slide arround any way as it is a custom fit. Are you sure you need to secure it down to the floor? You can go under your car and drill holes from undernieth that way you know you are not drilling into anything. and then use wood srews from underneitheth as you secure it down. that way is the easiest way. Fool proof as well.

are you securing it down as a theft deterent purpose? because the weight of your false floor and amps, and box on top of that should prevent it from sliding arround. not to mention typically false floors follow the contour of the vehicle. so it wont slide arround any way as it is a custom fit. Are you sure you need to secure it down to the floor? You can go under your car and drill holes from undernieth that way you know you are not drilling into anything. and then use wood srews from underneitheth as you secure it down. that way is the easiest way. Fool proof as well.
im using 2x4's for a couple reasons. my false floor is more than a couple pieces because i have to build a custom one with a hinge in one piece that will allow me to open it up to access my spare tire. kinda confusing. i might try that though, do them from underneath.

if this is going in a car build it outside of the car then just pop it in. u could use 90 degree brackets and crew then into the wood and the trunk of the vehicle. securety strap, same idea,

if this is going in a car build it outside of the car then just pop it in. u could use 90 degree brackets and crew then into the wood and the trunk of the vehicle. securety strap, same idea,
how could you use L-brackets for a false floor? if they were flush on the trunk the other side would be vertical...

and i am building it outside of the car, i was just stating that its not one big solid slab, it will be many pieces and I fear if i had many pieces it would be non-secure and cheap.

this is %80 for theft protection and about 20% show

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.