Downfiring Sub - Good or Bad idea?

The con that I know of is that the sub doesn't seem to be as loud. The pros are that it takes away from the directional sound away (it is harder to tell where the bass is coming from) 2 It works like corner loading and can sound lower than it is actually playing. 3 It adds more feel bass...shakes the car more.

Mike

I'm currently downfiring 2 10's with only 250RMS total in a bandpass box. Semms to be perfectly fine to me...you sure fell a lot more bass, and its still pretty dam loud.

- Steve

i had an old jl audio prototype box that was downfiring, i didnt like it, i tipped it over and made it forward firing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.