Down 4 Sound Amp Opinions.

sizmtrz

good Afternoon all,

I learned of this company from another thread hear, their price per watt and dyno #’s seem absurd, in a great way. Does anyone have experience or opinions on them or the company?

current plan is 2 sets of separates, and a single sub, pondering a L7t prefab truck box behind the back seat, or a fox accostics box with either a skar or sundown shallow sub. Below are the amp options I am between, baring someone convincing these are poo amps. Lol

https://www.down4soundshop.com/jp95-1500w-rms-5-channel-amplifier/

https://www.down4soundshop.com/down4sound-jp8-jp84-amplifier-combo/

Thank you for any help and advise.

sorry…. All going in a 2022 gladiator.
Size

Last edited:
You can get better for the money. What is your budget? What are your goals? How is your electrical right now?
Like what?
Budget? Less about how much and more about value if that makes sense.
Goals? To make my daily driver, that will endure 2-3 hours a day, depending on traffic, at as high a volume my ears will allow. My music runs the gambit from death metal and metal core, to rap and EDM,to pop, classical, and pop. So I guess I wanna as much clarity, volume, and breath taking bump, as I can get in a unaltered gladiator interior.
Electrical? Stock, but its the Max Tow, which is duel battery and 240 amp alt. Do you suggest anything there? I see something called “the big three” does that make a big difference?

First thing Im doing after delivery is strip the interior and sound deaden everything, tub,doors,roof.

Like what?
Budget? Less about how much and more about value if that makes sense.
Goals? To make my daily driver, that will endure 2-3 hours a day, depending on traffic, at as high a volume my ears will allow. My music runs the gambit from death metal and metal core, to rap and EDM,to pop, classical, and pop. So I guess I wanna as much clarity, volume, and breath taking bump, as I can get in a unaltered gladiator interior.
Electrical? Stock, but its the Max Tow, which is duel battery and 240 amp alt. Do you suggest anything there? I see something called “the big three” does that make a big difference?

First thing Im doing after delivery is strip the interior and sound deaden everything, tub,doors,roof.

Your alternator is fine. Two batteries is good as long as they are decent AGM's. The big 3/4 always helps. Sound deadening always helps for the most part. It sounds like you have a truck. Where are you putting the sub?

Your alternator is fine. Two batteries is good as long as they are decent AGM's. The big 3/4 always helps. Sound deadening always helps for the most part. It sounds like you have a truck. Where are you putting the sub?
Jeep Gladiator, the Wrangler Pick up. Ordered, delivery is expected in about a month. I’m just laying out my purchases. Sub will either be under or behind the rear seat.

I have the "D4S JP8 4" that I replaced from a Alpine S A32F. And for the price $169. I'm really happy with it. But the D4S puts out more then my coaxial speakers need. So I think like it says in another comment you can definitely get better 4 channels. But depending on your system and if you plan on upgrading or if you have really nice component speakers. Look around before you make a decision. But honest opinion if your system is not basic but not high-end like mine. It's a great lil amp and for the price to RMS. You can't beat it.

I was looking at a $350 audison and a $360 zapco but went with D4S instead. Why?!
Mostly Price lol and the D4S actually put out a higher RMS then both. And great T.H.D. maybe not better then zapco or audison but look at your equipment. Sometimes people buy amp and subs that they don't really need quite yet lol

I'm actually really satisfied with the D4S amp. Just my opinion though

High power 5 channels are rare and expensive

Cosmos audio 2000.5
Ddaudio d5.1500

Are both the 2 largest rated 5 channels.

Jp and sundown also make a few 5 channels I would be interested in if I needed less power.

You may also look into compact full bridge amps like sound digital and Taramps. The sundown sia I believe are similar as well.

You may get more power for the space buy buying both a 4 channel and a monoblock. Wire complexity is slightly higher but not by much.

I'm not going to lie...they look really cool basically a rip off of old us amps plus the plexi back plates
...but I think jp is a douche and I refuse to support that
I don't know the man. Does he not stand behind the product? I appreciate all the input, but seriously, why would I care about the personality of an owner, I care about getting a quality product and quality customer service.
Several have said there are better for the price, but none shared what models/brands. Please offer up options. Thanks

I am impressed by those D4S dyno videos, but there is more to an amp than power output. To me SQ is top priority. It seems to me that the "top notch" brands have superior power supplies, heat sinks, capacitors, etc. I don't know any thing about those things, but I am researching them. Nor, do I know if those D4S amps incorporate any of those superior components. My guess is, at those price points, they do not.

If all you are looking at is power output, then definitely go for it with the D4S amp or amps. They are definitely a good value, power-wise.

I'm probably a fanboy at this point, but I'll say it again: I like Alpine Powerpak for speakers. They are easy to install and don't require any additional wiring. Do a Powerpak and your favorite sub amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...