Double negative and postive outputs?! Plesse help...

I believe you'd need a y connector and only plug in the input...I'm assuming the output is for sending a signal to another amp...
Damn.. thats possible...? To connect both left and right sides into 1 and just put it in 1 input? I'm just trying to do it right, seems very odd the Amp just has 1 input for the left and right rca...is this a sundown thing...? Lol. That damn $800 Orion amp is looking better and better as much as I'm trying to stay away from it.

I don't have any experience with the new Orion amps...I bought a set of orion coaxials for my truck and they definitely weren't the Orion quality I remember from back in the day...

I don't have any experience with the new Orion amps...I bought a set of orion coaxials for my truck and they definitely weren't the Orion quality I remember from back in the day...
Appreciate you saying that man... will definitely remember that.
These sundown amps are really that much better than the new hifonics now? I know it's not all about size etc but I just can't get over how the sundown amps are almost half the size of other amps of the same wattage and also almost half the weight... for example a sundown 3kw amp weights just 17 lbs but yet a 3kw amp from Orion is weighing almost 30 lbs lol... let alone the size with sundown being so tiny... I don't know... not sure why this makes me so skeptical.

I honestly don't have any experience with any full bridge amp...but I've heard the sfb line ain't all that great but the lines above that are good...

When I asked about a amp recently the taramps smart 5k was the one that kept being recommended...the dyno on that thing was kind of nuts...that's gonna be my next amp...

Here is the SIA product manual. The Output can be used as a second input

Clifff150, thank you so much for posting the pic explaining the output on the sundown. As to your question about which amps, it's between the sundown sfb-3000d and the Orion hcca30001dsplx I'm leaning a bit more towards the sundown just because this is a daily driver car it's nothing completion wise lol but I don't want something nice that is going to last me awhile. The sundown is around $400 while the Orion is double lol. Im also open to any other suggestions or just help in decided between those two would be nice. I saw a ton of reviews about the sundown oberheating and having internal fires and all of other stuff. Not sure if that's just people not knowing what their doing or them exaggerating but it kinda scared me a bit.

The SIA line is probably a better amp to get then the SFB. Multiple people here prefer it to their SFB’s. Taramps gets a lot of love here as well for full bridge. I think that Orion is half bridge but I’m not 100% sure.

The SIA line is probably a better amp to get then the SFB. Multiple people here prefer it to their SFB’s. Taramps gets a lot of love here as well for full bridge. I think that Orion is half bridge but I’m not 100% sure.
Can you please explain the difference between full and half bridge? I attached a photo of the ends of the one hcca orion if that helps you determine if its full or half bridge. I like all the outputs and inputs on this amp. It has both l and r side for rca and rhen also output for a slave and it just seems like an all around good amp. I was going to go with this one probably. I like the salt line by sundown but 1200 for a 3000 watt amp is a little to much for lil ol me lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-113012_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-113012_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 17
Essentially half bridge amps use half of the rail voltage. They are less efficient than full bridge but typically can take a beating (withstand voltage drops and typically can be wired lower). Full bridge gives you a lot of power for cheap. Sundown has a 2 year warranty as well which is nice.

Essentially half bridge amps use half of the rail voltage. They are less efficient than full bridge but typically can take a beating (withstand voltage drops and typically can be wired lower). Full bridge gives you a lot of power for cheap. Sundown has a 2 year warranty as well which is nice.
You're not making it any easier for me to decide between sundown and orion man.. so basically if I do have any issues with a sundown suddenly catching fire like these people claim within 2 years id get a new amp anyway...? Feel like I'd be better off spending 400some for a sundown rather than 800some for the orion hcc or whatever...

Yes. Sundown is good about honoring their warranty. I would definitely pay the extra for the SIA. Orion has had too many financial issues lately for me to want to drop that much on one.

You're not making it any easier for me to decide between sundown and orion man.. so basically if I do have any issues with a sundown suddenly catching fire like these people claim within 2 years id get a new amp anyway...? Feel like I'd be better off spending 400some for a sundown rather than 800some for the orion hcc or whatever...

Look at the Sundown SIA3500. It is a very good amp.

What amp are you using? Car amps don't just have "double outputs" that are wired internally unless they are Pyramid crap type of equipment.
Multiple outputs means multiple channels. Leaving them unused means you have amplifier power not being used.
Have you ever Heard an Old Pyramid Pro amplifier in operation at all??

My 2ks do really nice. Im only using One atm on a pair of older XFL 12. waiting a bit to Strapp the Two on 4. I would think the 3k should do just as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...