Double-DIN or Single-DIN w/Flip Out LCD?

Those who have ACTUALLY USED both DD and SD, which would you choose in your vehicle?

• Double-DIN LCD DVD/CD receiver

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Single-DIN flipout LCD DVD/CD receiver

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
I'm in the process of making a cover for mine right now. I'll post pics when I get it done.
One option Ive seen before to hide the after market unit was in a Ford F series truck. He removed the stock double din faceplate from the stock headunit, permanently secured the buttons to the plate, and made a mount for it to go over the aftermarket unit. It looked great too, you couldnt tell it wasnt the stock unit.

One option Ive seen before to hide the after market unit was in a Ford F series truck. He removed the stock double din faceplate from the stock headunit, permanently secured the buttons to the plate, and made a mount for it to go over the aftermarket unit. It looked great too, you couldnt tell it wasnt the stock unit.

Cool idea, but too much trouble for me. I don't need a stock look. My windows are super dark. I'm going more for slobber protection when I leave my dogs in my car for a minute if I run into a gas station, for example. They manage to get slobber all over everything. lol

Here it is with the cover. I used some rubber foam weather stripping on the outer sides on the back of the cover itself. That slides into the gaps on the sides just enough to hold it in place. My windows are too dark to see in anyway, but it's more for slobber protection when I leave my dogs in the truck while I run into a store or something.
Great slobber protection Jluv! I like it.

Navi ******/was very inconsistant in 2 of the units installed, no matter where the antenna was placed. Opening/closing/ejecting is redundant, AFAIK only works in English and French (lot of Spanish people here- one returned it because of this, one bought an Avic D2 instead). Comes with crap for mounting (at least give me a cage and some brackets)....

Navi ******/was very inconsistant in 2 of the units installed, no matter where the antenna was placed. Opening/closing/ejecting is redundant, AFAIK only works in English and French (lot of Spanish people here- one returned it because of this, one bought an Avic D2 instead). Comes with crap for mounting (at least give me a cage and some brackets)....
hmm, that is the first i have heard negative about one. i was going to buy a 6600, but i stuck with my truck, so therefore i didnt.

DD for the win, looks much better installed properly.

I did not like the 5435 at all, but am enjoying the 6600. Interface, audio, and Ipod control are all improved over the previous.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...