Door Speaker Problem - SAAB 9-3 Sportwagon

Hello,

Weird issue with the right door speaker.

It makes a foul farting noise when panned to just the right side. Like blowing a raspberry with your tongue really loudly. When I pan the audio to just the left side, the left speakers work perfectly. HOWEVER, when the balance is in the centre, the farting noise from the left affects BOTH SIDES when pushed to moderate volume - right and left!

I bought a new SAAB AMP-1 and replaced it - same problem.

Today I picked up a right 6.5 inch right door speaker and replaced it - the farting noise was in that as well!!!!! I tested the speaker with a multi-meter and it is fine.

Does anyone have any other solutions or ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

Neil.

I never would have considered the factory amp possibly being the culprit! Thanks for the link; interesting read for sure!

Also I would consider running new speaker lines to the doors then. It's possible the line to the right door is pinched or grounding out if the electronics check out otherwise.

a pinched wire could be the issue too, but it doesnt seem likely based on the symptoms youre having. That article has an interesting point that it makes with the board being exposed, it might have affected both amps

Hello,

It makes a foul farting noise when panned to just the right side. Like blowing a raspberry with your tongue really loudly. When I pan the audio to just the left side, the left speakers work perfectly. HOWEVER, when the balance is in the centre, the farting noise from the left affects BOTH SIDES when pushed to moderate volume - right and left!

Today I picked up a right 6.5 inch right door speaker and replaced it - the farting noise was in that as well!!!!! I tested the speaker with a multi-meter and it is fine.

Thanks

Neil.

Hello,

Thanks

Neil.

Hello Ncurtis,

I have exactly the same problem as you. My door speakers make a very loud noise (roar). I already changed the speakers and they are the same. How did you manage to solve the problem? thank you for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...