"Car Audio" vs "Pro Audio" , please help me understand.

sizmtrz

-Good Afternoon all,

In planning my upgrades several have mentioned trying Pro Audio as compared to Car Audio. Can someone please explain the differences? on paper they appear to be the same, only substantially cheaper, at least the timpano audio that I was referred to. Are there reasons not to use these in the knee pod and one of the BA tweeters in the dash? (Jeep Wrangler JL/JT)

TPT-MR6-4 PRO - Timpano Audio

Slim Bullet Tweeters TPT-ST2 BLACK (Pair) Compact Design (timpanoaudio.com)

Thanks

Size

Pro audio speakers usually lack lower midbass and make 0 bass. If you have a subwoofer that can play up to 100 hz or so you can make it work.

I am pleased with my my current setup for both sound quality and loudness. (Orion xtr654 neo door speakers and xtr 1 inch silk dome tweeters )

Pro audio speakers usually lack lower midbass and make 0 bass. If you have a subwoofer that can play up to 100 hz or so you can make it work.

I am pleased with my my current setup for both sound quality and loudness. (Orion xtr654 neo door speakers and xtr 1 inch silk dome tweeters )
Thanks DB, I appreciate the input. So Orion are considered "Pro Audio" now?

I think the reason I was given those suggestions is becasue I am limited to speaker locations AND its going to be a top off/door off situation most of the spring/summer/fall.

Is there a reason for the lack of low hz sound? they all seem to be rated like the midrange car stuff?

Most pro audio stuff gets stupid loud with a severe lack of capabilities under 100hz

My understanding is the sundown vex and neo pro are a blend of pro audio and car audio.

Meaning they get loud but they are designed to work in car audio environments and still provide midbass.

Personally I like the silverflutes I just installed though I don't think I would want to install them in a vehicle where they could get wet all the time like a jeep since the cones are a natural material and could degrade over time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...