Door prep

Participant count
  • Participant list

toyopl
10+ year member

Well I'm looking for some info on how to properly prep the doors for speakers. I used Damplifier Lite on all 3 sides of the door, will put Speaker tweaker from second skin behind the speaker and Overkill on door panel for vibrations. Mdf baffles for the speakers. Here's few quick questions that are on my mind

1.I also bought STD hardboard to cut and close the big door hole, do you think this material is ok ? it was only $5, oak was $9 a small sheet, but std hardboard was more sturdy and made less noise.

2.Also I will have some Overkill leftover and on the secondskin website it shows they apply it inside the door, should I slap it on there if I got speaker tweaker in there already ?

3.What else, I was thinking what about the sides of inner doors, there are gaps inside the doors on the left and right side, maybe put foam in there from the can ?

4.I thought put some kind of water sealant on mdf and std, but at Lowes they said use wood stain, thought that's not right and just left.

5.And one more question, std hardboard on the big door hole, thought Overkill on the inner part of std hardboard, and from outside cover with damplifier ?

door0012.jpg

I wouldnt worry about adding any overkill to the outer skin since you already have the tweaker pads back there. They will absorb enough of the backwaves from the speakers.

Also, i would use the overkill as a rattle pad of sorts and put that inbetween the hardboard and mdf so they wont rattle at all. And make sure that any of that wood cannot get wet. They will blow up like balloons

I just don't understand why people throw mat and decoupler over EVERYTHING.

Strategic mat and decoupler FTW.

On and Plexiglas > Wood

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.