Door pod question.

Don't do that.

How are you going to finish it afterward?

use tape between the mold and the plastic, then find a way to screw it in place. MUCH easier to work with, etc etc.

If you have a local junkyard to pick up new door panels, go get them, cut a lot out of them, and glass it like i have mine glassed in my work log.

GL

^^ XtrmAudioCncpts, I like the 666 post count.

Nothing easily bonds to plastic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif .

ty for the suggestions and GCAdidias13 i will look at your project log. I like the idea of screwing them on there. Never thought of that. More suggestions are always welcomed.

Well, in my opinion the best thing to do would be to build your pods for your door, and if you want them to "be part" of he actual, meaning show no transition from the door pod and the door panel, use a SMC Hardset Filler. It can be used as an adhesive or sandable filler on Fiberglass, Metal, and Hard Plastics. You can buy it from USC (Urethane Supply Company) part number 2020-C. Many body shops use the stuff for interior plastic repair and for bumper repair. It works like a Bondo/Fiberlgass mix. Before i knew of the stuff i tried everything to get fiberglass to stick to plastic, but it would just flake and chip off if the part flexed. Good luck with your project

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.