2005 scion tc fiberglassing w/ pics...in progress

8inw7
10+ year member

Kansas
Here's the pic of my fiberglass drying....I have sooo many bubbles but i couldnt get them to go away.. Should i like dremel them off before adding more layers to it??

Another angle..

Here's a picture of the work area....notice the fan in the car blowing all the rank fumes away so my car never smelt bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here's the mold popped....I couldnt disconnect the mold from the foil/duct tape very easily but since blue painters tape is wussy as hell i was just able to pop it all off. Took a total of 2 minutes.

another...

and another....

And here's a picture of the sub ring i made while waiting for the fiberglass to dry... it's not superb but doesnt need to be if its goin under my carpet anwyay. Used a jigsaw to cut since i dont have that circle cutter tool for the dremel.

And lastly here's a picture of it in the trunk ready for some more layers

So anyways, project isnt goin too bad so far. Havent hit any problems except for the bubbles, and im hoping someone says its a good idea to dremel em off cause that wouldnt be hard at all i dont think.

What's the best type of fleece to use to cover my sub ring when i put it in place

Thanks for lookin.

looks good so far

ya, just dremel the bubbles off

any kind of fleece will do, but the best is the ugliest, most hideous **** you can find

^ x10 i have red fleece with black and white dogs all over it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

fast replies. Thanks guys. I guess i'll just go at it with the dremel tomorrow afternoon

I'll update this as i progress.

Thanks again

nice, the gumdrops are still the best though
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif thanks mr burn... it is quite the stylee i might say as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

as for those bubbles. you are most definatly going to want to remove those before you start layering it up. it will be a pain in the ass to move quickly durring the next stage with any rough spots or 'hard hairs' of fiberglass.

sand it down so its roughly smooth with no ridges to make bubbles anywhere. if you can do all the next few layers in one step - you would save youself and assload of problems doing the rough sanding smooth again.

each time i glass a new layer, i always sand it down and make sure there arent ANY effing bumps. its seriously a huge PITA when putting layers on top of it.

anywho. good looks so far. make sure you cut it down to a cool shape! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the back is coming along great i think thats the hardest part because i think it is most prone to warp on you which ***** it happened to mine and now i have to re make it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.