door pod help

am i going in the right direction?

Making a mold of the door

doorpods001.jpg

Have made the thing to hold the speaker

doorpods002.jpg

doorpods003.jpg

doorpods004.jpg

so if this is right how to i attach the whole thing bac to the door? i saw a tutorial where something similar to this was done.

am i going in the right direction?Making a mold of the door

doorpods001.jpg

Have made the thing to hold the speaker

doorpods002.jpg

doorpods003.jpg

doorpods004.jpg

so if this is right how to i attach the whole thing bac to the door? i saw a tutorial where something similar to this was done.
im no master at door panels either but i believe you throw a layer or 2 over where you taped

use painters tap, it will keep the resin off the door, and alow you to pull the pod off the door once the resin has cured. also u need to make a resin back plate B4 u put the ring and suports on. thats what the suports screw too. so your first step is lay down 2-3 layers of painters tap. lay down some fiberglass matt on the door pannle and resin that. once the flat resisn/fiberglass matt has dried, screw your little wood ring and suports to the flat pannle and pull flees over the ring and over the flat fiberglass pannle, so the fleese is between the pannle and the door

Make a mold of where you taped, with resin and glass mat.

Take the mold off, trim it. Hot glue the ring baffle and DOWEL RODS to the mold. Stretch fleece over, hot glue in place. Resin, glass mat... a few layers.

Sand, sand, sand, body filler, sand, body filler, sand, body filler, sand. How do you want to finish them, carpet, vinyl, paint?

Attatch it to the door panel with a lot of silicone, make sure it is tight fit and pressure held in place while it cures.

kthnx.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.