door handel(s)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SAVAGE SOUND
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CHICAGO
OK ive got my doors SD pretty well (no rattels except) the prob is the door handels rattel when i crank the system. i cant relly put any more material on the inside because it will get in the way of the handel components. i was thinking of using a drop of super glue on each coner while pressing on it, but i think as the car weathers it may cause discoloration or just look odd. is there any other options beside superglue or shaving and selinoids?

I imagine that you are talking about the outside handle.? What are you talking about supergluing? What are the handles made of, metal or plastic? Are you sure that it is the handle it self or could it be the connecting rods?

You could remove the handle and plastic piece and put a thin peice of black foam gasket under it. I imagine that it is ratteling against the metal of the door....so in that case...you could possibly get some foam or rubber gasket material at an automotive shop.

FYI......

Aftrer you take the door panel off, remove the rod going to the handle. Then remove the nuts (more than likely a #10) holding the handle and it should come right off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.