Door Chime is now Amped??? Help Please

SmokinAl

CarAudio.com Newbie
2016 Silverado, 4 Dr
2 Dash speakers and 4 door speakers

I had my local shop install an amp and 4 new door speakers. When I picked it up, I found the door chime to be at around 89,567 db's :LOL:
I thought only the 4 door speakers were going to be amped but they said the 2 F doors and 2 dash speakers are linked; so I guess all 6 got amped.
The problem is the door chime is incredibly loud now; wasn't before. I have gone into the truck settings through the touch screen and have it all the way down; still Van Halen concert level.

Thoughts? Ideas?

It sounds like the chime comes through the dash speakers but I can't tell if it's through the doors too?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I just noticed the ticktockticktock for the turn signals are louder now too dammit.
and it seems the door chime and ticktock both come through both the LF door and LF dash. I’ve gotta get these turned off somehow….

Last edited:
2016 Silverado, 4 Dr
2 Dash speakers and 4 door speakers

I had my local shop install an amp and 4 new door speakers. When I picked it up, I found the door chime to be at around 89,567 db's :LOL:
I thought only the 4 door speakers were going to be amped but they said the 2 F doors and 2 dash speakers are linked; so I guess all 6 got amped.
The problem is the door chime is incredibly loud now; wasn't before. I have gone into the truck settings through the touch screen and have it all the way down; still Van Halen concert level.

Thoughts? Ideas?

It sounds like the chime comes through the dash speakers but I can't tell if it's through the doors too?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I just noticed the ticktockticktock for the turn signals are louder now too dammit.
and it seems the door chime and ticktock both come through both the LF door and LF dash. I’ve gotta get these turned off somehow….
Take it back to the shop that did the install,you have a guarantee,they have got some wires hooked wrong

You have to have had an adapter installed
Did or have you changed your HU?
When I first put a new HU in my Cobalt It did the same thing
LIke if I didn't put my seat belt on right away people on the other side of the parking lot could hear the warning about it.
It was from the GMOS-LAN-03 I installed
There was a setting within the adapter itself to turn them down but it didn't change all that much.
I think I only had it for a a few weeks until I bypassed the stock amp and ran aftermarket
Then I had no warnings at all
One extreme to the other

You could disconnect the Front RCAs and use the Rear RCAs as the signal for the whole system. You will lose Fader and the Warning Chime, but gain some peace if mind. You may even connect a small speaker to the Front Left wires to regain Warning Chimes but at a saner volume.
sounds like a factory head unit issue... if the chime is coming through the speakers it's gotta be getting it's signal to play from somewhere.. unfortunately I don't see solutions other than getting an aftermarket hu, cutting the wire that sends the signal, or finding away to use rear channel inputs like 1aesphioza said

cutting the wire that sends the signal
From what I understand, it is a general warning chime. Keys in ignition, lights on, seatbelt, door ajar, et cetera; so many sources for it's activation. But I also read that it only plays through drivers front speakers, so eliminating front outputs as an audio source should solve it.

From what I understand, it is a general warning chime. Keys in ignition, lights on, seatbelt, door ajar, et cetera; so many sources for it's activation. But I also read that it only plays through drivers front speakers, so eliminating front outputs as an audio source should solve it.
This is correct
Or it was in my case at least but I think the OP has the same problem I did
Bypassing the front channel of the factory amp solved the problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...