dominick irraggi shady behavior

hey man, no big deal. after dealing with him and figuring out the problems i am actually very happy with dealing with him. when you can get a hold of him he is very pleasant to talk to on the phone and was very cooperative in figuring out a solution. all in all i was very pleased with the end result, was just a tad perterbed in the beggining. but after the fact of it all and after he was working with me i was very happy with him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . would probably do business with him again if need be.

kewl.....

btw, if interested...i know of an iraggi alt for sale, nonpolished gm case. i believe it's a 200-220 amp'r. (though i might be buying it...hehe)

let me know, i'll get a price tomorrow.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

I remember not too many years ago how few choices we had for HO alts. I remember pricing a new alt in the late 90's for a blazer I was building then. Best deal I found was a 200amp Ohio Generator for 800 bucks. I laughed my way to a local shop and just bought a rewind 160amp and figured oh well. But 8 years later, I find myself building another blazer. I check alt prices again, low and behold there are a few small online makers, like Dominick, selling 200+amp alts for relatively cheap. And, I noticed Ohio Generator has since come down, no doubt due to new competition. But the price for this is dealing with smaller companies, companies possibly run by a few or by one guy. But everyone wants service as if they are dealing with a fortune 500 companies. I see it with other small manufacturers like Adire and RE, people getting upset over delays and slow response times.

If you guys want the advantages of small companies (lower prices, innovative technology, etc), then you sometimes have to accept a few negatives. Dominick may not always be the fastest to deliver (was prompt for me, going by others comments), but he's been around the scene longer than most of you guys have probably. He isn't going to intentionally screw anyone. If you need an alt, and you need it now, and you expect fortune 500 service, I suggest you try another company. But if you know what you are doing with alts, want a great price on a high output alt (my 260amp was like $350) and are patient if a problem arises dealing with a smaller company, by all means I think Dominick Iraggi would be a good choice.

I remember not too many years ago how few choices we had for HO alts. I remember pricing a new alt in the late 90's for a blazer I was building then. Best deal I found was a 200amp Ohio Generator for 800 bucks. I laughed my way to a local shop and just bought a rewind 160amp and figured oh well. But 8 years later, I find myself building another blazer. I check alt prices again, low and behold there are a few small online makers, like Dominick, selling 200+amp alts for relatively cheap. And, I noticed Ohio Generator has since come down, no doubt due to new competition. But the price for this is dealing with smaller companies, companies possibly run by a few or by one guy. But everyone wants service as if they are dealing with a fortune 500 companies. I see it with other small manufacturers like Adire and RE, people getting upset over delays and slow response times.
If you guys want the advantages of small companies (lower prices, innovative technology, etc), then you sometimes have to accept a few negatives. Dominick may not always be the fastest to deliver (was prompt for me, going by others comments), but he's been around the scene longer than most of you guys have probably. He isn't going to intentionally screw anyone. If you need an alt, and you need it now, and you expect fortune 500 service, I suggest you try another company. But if you know what you are doing with alts, want a great price on a high output alt (my 260amp was like $350) and are patient if a problem arises dealing with a smaller company, by all means I think Dominick Iraggi would be a good choice.
size of a company has nothing to do with fast custemer service.and of course you don't know what you say about adire.i have sent over 20 emails past 2 years and everytime were answering in 1-2days and was very polite and analytic.

as for "fortune 500 service" i have a lot of examples as kicker,rockford,earthquake,ma audio,orion that answer almost after a week or don't answer at all(earthquake).

im still not convinced. I sent him about 4-5 emails, and left messsages on his machine, and called his phone numerous times with no response. Im pretty frustrated that he wont even answer any of my attempted communication. I say go somewhere else. If someone is too lazy/busy/whatever to call you back then its not worth it. I wasted a lot of time just trying to contact him, pre-sale, and I cant imagine how much more frustrating it would be had I already purchsed an alt and required support.

delays in ordering etc are acceptable when dealing with small companies. Lack of contact or customer support like simple returing phone calls etc can be done easily.

size of a company has nothing to do with fast custemer service.and of course you don't know what you say about adire.i have sent over 20 emails past 2 years and everytime were answering in 1-2days and was very polite and analytic.
as for "fortune 500 service" i have a lot of examples as kicker,rockford,earthquake,ma audio,orion that answer almost after a week or don't answer at all(earthquake).
Size of a company can have everythng to do with fast customer service.

I dont know what Im saying about Adire huh? Just do a search, you will find there have been problems with their response times, deliveries, back orders, just like RE and many other 'small' car audio companies. Its the nature of the beast.

None of the companies you listed is a fortune 500. Either way, the larger companies like RF and JL do things differently than small companies like Dominick. Try calling RF or JL and see if they remember who you are parsonally, from your email, like Dominick has done for me. Try calling one of those companies and getting a response from the person who is actually building the unit, QC'ing it, and shipping it. Try calling one of those companies and getting much more than a robotic response. Good luck.

But do small businesses have some disadvantages also? Yes. Again, need an alt and need it yesterday, may want to try someone else. But you need a good alt at a good price and can be patient if there are problems? Dominick may be right for you. Some people just have unreasonable expectations due to lack of experience.

My brother just ordered a B-Stock Shiva, it was delivered on time, with no major problems. I'm very happy with Adire Audio. They at least return phone calls and emails.

People just like to stay informed of what's going on especially when their hard earned money is involved. I think that is what it comes down to. If you got someone human telling you that there are problems it is much more acceptable then just making guesses about what is going on yourself.

My brother just ordered a B-Stock Shiva, it was delivered on time, with no major problems. I'm very happy with Adire Audio. They at least return phone calls and emails.
I am not badmouthing Adire or saying their service is bad, but they have had their fair share of issues, just like any other (relatively) small business. They were simply used as an example of a small business on my part, not one with poor service.

I am not badmouthing Adire or saying their service is bad, but they have had their fair share of issues, just like any other (relatively) small business. They were simply used as an example of a small business on my part, not one with poor service.
Took me a week or more to get an email back from Adire a few times. I find slow emails acceptable but multiple, non-returned phone calls is totally unacceptable. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I had reservations about posting but I figured why not.
Im not going to give excuses or put blame on our suppliers.....but what I can do is for the next 30 days' date=' We will give all Domestic alternators for half price to anyone from this forum.

I figure thats the least I can do for being called so many names.

If anyone has any questions that I can help with, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Dominick Iraggi.[/quote']

Dominick Iraggi whats your work number to make orders ? Can you respond at kaseinbowman@yahoo.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hoss

5,000+ posts
imma genius. so **** it!
hoss
inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies