dominick irraggi shady behavior

hoss, was this at idle or higher?

some HO alts don't start producing until they reach a certain RPM which may be higher than your car's idle...

both, i drove the car home on the battery alone, it lasted most of the day and i didnt really start to notice much until i tried to drive at night and my headlights were so dim i couldnt see.

we tested output with a DMM at idle and with the engine revved.

i left the alt at home with a friend and he is taking it to a local alt guy and is gonna have it tested. he is also going to ask the local guy if he can re-wind my stock alt to get better output, and if he can get good amperage by re-winding the stock, i am gonna return this POS to dom and demand that he refund my full price plus what the labor cost me to have my alt changed twice...

just thought i would update. i just got off the phone with dom, didnt get a whole lot accomplished...

he was very unapologetic in the case, and didnt offer very much re-assurance. he told me that it is a rare occurance in 03 taurus's that you have to take the voltage regulator off the stock alt and put it on the new alt. this was an issue which he was aware of, yet i was never told anything about it. nothing came in the box, no email letting me know, no telephone call making me aware of the problem. so it was something that he knew was a possibility, yet he didnt feel it was neccesary to make me aware.

im still very upset, about the only comforting thing he did tell me was that he was going to pay shiping to take it back to his shop so he could test it, and call ford with my VIN number to check voltage regulator compatability.

ill keep updating this as i get more news. as it currently stands though, im pissed, dont have the alt i need, and dom does horrible business.

Okay, I too spoke with Dom today. In my case this is an alternator for which he doesn't keep parts readily at hand - it's not in high demand. As a result he must rely on his parts suppliers to deliver in a timely fashion and at least one of them slowed him down on my piece. He did indeed tell me previously that the part would be shipping but had mistakenly assumed the hardware was delivered to him along with the rest of many others in a large shipment - it wasn't. However it does now look like he's got all the hardware at hand to assemble my alternator and it'll be shipping my way sometime soon. He's not real far from me so I told him to ship it ground or whatever is cheapest. I've not got issues with my current alternator other than it's piddly 60amp output and won't be able to get it on the lift for at least a week to install it anyway so I can afford a little more waiting. My aggravation in all of this was thinking something was on the way, not seeing it, then thinking he was checking on it only to not hear back. A little scary to be sure but he sounds slammed and there were things at play for here that I knew nothing about. More communication would certainly have been nice and avoided stress on my part for sure!

I had reservations about posting but I figured why not.

Im not going to give excuses or put blame on our suppliers.....but what I can do is for the next 30 days, We will give all Domestic alternators for half price to anyone from this forum.

I figure thats the least I can do for being called so many names.

If anyone has any questions that I can help with, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Dominick Iraggi.

Damn you domestic! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

- Steve

I had reservations about posting but I figured why not.
Im not going to give excuses or put blame on our suppliers.....but what I can do is for the next 30 days' date=' We will give all Domestic alternators for half price to anyone from this forum.

I figure thats the least I can do for being called so many names.

If anyone has any questions that I can help with, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Dominick Iraggi.[/quote']

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif

Dom, your're a good man. Too generous it seems. This is Carlton (black ford Ranger). I'm still coming your way, just have to get some things in order.

http://www.mean-green.com

Rock solid, direct bolt-on, no problems alternators. Call them, they will give you a supplier near your area. I got my for less than they quoted me for... $340 shipped for a 200 amp HO alternator benched @220. 3 YEAR 300,000 MILE WARRANTY. Best balance b/w price/quality/warranty i've ever found. BTW, i also considered DOM when i was looking...but i got mean-green...it's been a year and absolutely no problems what so ever(voltage never drops below 14v w/ engine on). peace

NG

I sent him a PM, hopefully i get a response !!

It would be nice to have some new parts under the hood.

Minus that POS Delco 105a alt,psshhh

I have installed the alternator I got from Dom. The only odd thing I encountered was that the pulley was customized due to a slightly different bearing behind it. When I first installed it I made a mistake lining things up and trashed my serpentine on startup - investigating this is when I noted the pulley and was a little worried. In the end though it worked out fine with a new belt and my mistake corrected. My volt meter now pretyty much reads 14 all the time with an occasional dip into the high 13s at idle with all accessories turned on. I don't have a serious system and wanted this to steady up voltages on my car (multiple fuel pumps, programmable EMS, big injectors, etc.). So far so good, aside from perhaps desiring more communication while waiting I'm a satisfied customer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

after reading all this...seeing how long it takes for a local dealer to get an iraggi..(he's never had a defective one though)..i believe i will either get mine rewound or purchase a mean-green(which i have heard nothing but good things about from a few of local ppl who run them in their drag cars)..

dom needs to take some lessons from a business equitte(spell?) course.....customer courtesy makes up for a lot of chit...but not having any makes things alot worse. even offering half off isn't enough for me to wait a month or better, when i can have one done locally in a few days for the same price.

ok, i'm done....except for....

hoss...i apologize for sticking by iraggi when all this first went down. i was just repeating what my local dealer friend was saying..and i now believe he was wrong. there is no excuse for this, especially when there are other companies with comparable products at comparable prices not getting this kinda rap. again, i apologize.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

hoss...i apologize for sticking by iraggi when all this first went down. i was just repeating what my local dealer friend was saying..and i now believe he was wrong. there is no excuse for this, especially when there are other companies with comparable products at comparable prices not getting this kinda rap. again, i apologize.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
hey man, no big deal. after dealing with him and figuring out the problems i am actually very happy with dealing with him. when you can get a hold of him he is very pleasant to talk to on the phone and was very cooperative in figuring out a solution. all in all i was very pleased with the end result, was just a tad perterbed in the beggining. but after the fact of it all and after he was working with me i was very happy with him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . would probably do business with him again if need be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hoss

5,000+ posts
imma genius. so **** it!
hoss
inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies