Dolby Digital 5.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

texasol

TX
I new to this forum and have seen a wealth of information so I hope someone can help me out. I have the Alpine IVA-D900 HU and want to be able get true 5.1 audio when playing DVD's that support the format. Do I need to change a setting in the setup? Do I need to purchase the Alpine PXA-H701?

Also, any feedback on a good center channel speaker setup would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer a setup that doesn't require cutting into the dash as i'm sure over time the Texas heat will cause cracks. I've been thinking about the Alpine SBS-05DC but have not had a chance to hear it.

I, too, am interested in a center channel for my car. I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 with navigation. I would like to add the Pioneer DEQ-P7000 Dolby Digital/DTS/ PL-II sound processor and the Kenwood KSC-900 CTR Center Channel Speaker to my system. I have a DVD player in the center dash underneath my navigation screen. I can fit in the center channel speaker in the opening. I have a couple of questions:

1.) How would someone install or wire up the DEQ-P7000 so that I could get surround sound for my car?

2.) Could I hook up the processor to the stock Accord headunit?

3.) How would the center speaker be hooked up to the headunit (without the processor)?

4.) How would the center channel be hooked up to the processor?

5.) I think my DVD player has an optical digital output. Can I hook up the DVD player to the DEQ-P7000 (along with all the speakers), AND keep the speakers wired to the stock headunit so that I can keep the in-dash 6 CD changer?

I would like the navigation voice to come from the center speaker, like the 2004-2005 Acura TL. I also don't want to cut my dash because I want to keep my car as stock as possible (even though it's not a lease).

I have seen some of the installation instructions for the DEQ-P7000. The sound inputs to the DEQ-P7000 are the left and right RCA inputs and the digital optical input.

instructions5vk.th.png

Looking at the instructions and wiring diagrams, could someone answer my questions? Thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.