Does this sound like a good setup

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
itll be in a 2001 impala if u have better ideas please let me know thanks and am i missing anything?

Headunit -undecided

6.5 in doors- undecided

4 6x9 fiberglassedin back dash- undecided

amp-aq2200d at one ohm evenutally upgrade to aq3500 or similar

270a mechamn alt

big three ran wih zero guage

zero guage cca ran idk if i should run two or one let me know?

2-3 xs power 3100s

aq 120.4 for the 6x9s

2 15 or maybe 12orion hcca's ran to one ohm

dynamat

Does thissound like aloud system what kinda dbs could igetalso am i missinganything thanks

itll be in a 2001 impala if u have better ideas please let me know thanks and am i missing anything?Headunit -undecided

6.5 in doors- undecided

4 6x9 fiberglassedin back dash- undecided

amp-aq2200d at one ohm evenutally upgrade to aq3500 or similar

270a mechamn alt

big three ran wih zero guage

zero guage cca ran idk if i should run two or one let me know?

2-3 xs power 3100s

aq 120.4 for the 6x9s

2 15 or maybe 12orion hcca's ran to one ohm

dynamat

Does thissound like aloud system what kinda dbs could igetalso am i missinganything thanks
Are you trying to compete in SPL? If so, the more runs of wire, the better. Also, go with copper over CCA. Copper stores energy. Dude I compete with runs 4krms on 2 crossfire 12's with batts and alt that does 147's just to give you an idea

i would pick different subs, unless your getting a good deal, and the sub box is going to be a big part of the good sound your wanting

and would want to get ofc wire,

would spend more time and money on the front stage than back speakers if i was you

i would pick different subs, unless your getting a good deal, and the sub box is going to be a big part of the good sound your wanting
and would want to get ofc wire,

would spend more time and money on the front stage than back speakers if i was you
I agree. For rear fill just put a set of 6.5 coaxial back there and focus more on the front. Get some kickpanel pods built and add another set of 6.5's or 5.25's up front. Bring that sound imaging up front. Granted the HCCA's are nice subs, why not go with AQ HDC315's. Your already naming AQ amps, and the HDC3's are already proven in the lanes.

I would not go with 4 6x9's in the rear, maybe one set or a nice 6.5 coaxil in the rear. I would spend that extra money on a nicer front component defintely a 6.5", 3 way if it is in your budget.

I built a 2000 impala a few years ago it was doing 149.7 at the head rest on music at 31hz 2-12's are the way to go.in that car. He was only running 3000watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.