does this describe you?????

bass_mekanik
10+ year member

i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs
1. - ‘‘Abundant girth!''

Must be able to consume vast amounts of food from local fast-food outlets (pizzas, hungry jacks, maccas and kfc to name just a few) so much so that your body rejects anything else especially healthy food.

2. - ‘‘Thirst for knowledge that is car audio''

You have subscribed to every car audio magazine that exists every car magazine that has even a single page on the subject, home hifi mags, and magazines barely related to the subject like cabinet making books ant the style section of the local paper.

You lie awake at night thinking about things like what cones are made of' port sizes and box volumes or stressing about how your power cable isn't big enough and you might have to upgrade to some that’s bigger than the arm thickness stuff you've got.

3. - ‘‘Have a lot of trouble attracting members of the opposite sex!''

Your thirst has lead to a complete lack of social life anyway! 'But’ when you do get a chance you are totally oblivious to the fact that the girl or guy you are talking to doesn’t give a crap about cone excursion, but be honest you are lucky to get even this far for if they are not repulsed buy your complete lack of fitness and body shape there scared of you face which looks like a burnt thong!!.

4. - ‘‘Must live for spl''

When someone says they want some bass in their car ''your eyes light up'', they say - ''a single 12 in a 1.5cf box with maybe 300wrms''

You say maybe a wall of beyond audio, mtx rfl, stroker or any other behemoth spl 15in sub in a 250cf enclosure (your not sure on the size as it could be to small) with perhaps 50,000wrms for daily music.

5. - ‘‘You think manboobs are sexy''

Self-explanatory really (shirts with nipple cut out may be supplied).

6. - ‘‘Your body has become a spl box building tool''

-Your lungs live for mdf dust and infact cannot function without it.

-Your nostrils are impervious to anything as they have been cooked by the fumes of fiberglass resin, liquid nails and expanding foam (this is very useful as after a large hj's binge odours emanating from various areas can get intense).

-You have grown strong as spl boxes are not light you can now lift that 5inch thick 300cf box containing 80 15's and 95 amplifiers as well as having the ability to carry 3 or 4 subs on your protruding gut.

-You have almost grown extra arms and have joints were there wasn’t before, all so you can use a drill, router, jigsaw, sander, liquid nails, screwdriver, box of screws and wire cutters all at once.

7. -‘You have a dream that one day you will live in a world where car audio groupies exist''

Where girls are turned on by the sight of cable so thick that it has its own special size classes like a 0 with a small number at the top right hand corner, '' oh I’ve got 0 to the power of 9 gauge cable or 0000000000gauge cable in my car''

Where girls get horny looking at throbbing subwoofers vibrating in unison with our large stomachs and manboobs.

Where at any chance they get will sit on our vibrating roofs, bonnets, windows and boot lids.

8. - ‘‘You love last minute installs before a show''

You long for the rush of installing 23 amplifiers, 300 meters of 000000000gauge cable, 46 15inch subs, a 400cf enlosure, 20 meters of brass bar, about 10,000 trees worth of mdf, 200liters of liquid nails, 3million screws (with a screwdriver of course) 8 pairs of compression horns and two fifteens in each front door as well as a motorized back lit glow in the dark amp rack and two pairs of furry dice in a mini 20 minutes before a show starts.

9. - ‘‘The place where you live has turned into a car audio store''

You have so much spare stuff lying around that you are constantly surrounded by old upgraded, destroyed and stuff you have bought just incase or were planning to install but haven't got around to it.

You use old sub boxes in your bedroom as storage space for clothes and other personal items. You constantly trip over cable and amps and revel in the fact you cannot move a coil of cable across the floor '' it is to heavy!’’

You are constantly tossing aside car audio magazines while trying to put on clothes as well as cutting your feet on tools likes jigsaws and routers but you know deep down that you are in car audio heaven.

10. - ‘‘Nothing is as important as a spl comp''

In the week leading up to the comp you are in a spl trance always thinking what you can do to gain that extra .1db, infact it could mean a complete rebuild.

Any very important occasions or people you have to see that weekend will immediately be canceled you show no remorse as you know the spl comp is all that matters, the sight of flexing windows the smell of burnt voice coils, the constant sound of sine waves in the air! ‘‘Ahhh bliss''

400cf box? where would you ne putting it? extension going thru the roof/trunk and having a wingspan of about 20feet and 10 feet high? lol, wingspan :p

lol you definatly wouldn't get any arrow-dynamics with a 20 foot box...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

- pe@ce

Originally posted by bass_mekanik You use old sub boxes in your bedroom as storage space for clothes and other personal items.
That's not funny.....I have four old SPL boxes in my bedroom that function as a dresser, a coffee table, a bench and a garbage can. What am I supposed to do? Throw them away?!?!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

My room is very small, it's 13x13. Currently, I have 2 boxes (6.8 ft^3, 5.2 ft^3), 2 sets of 6.5" speakers, 2 12", an amp, and a head unit in my room. Within the next 2 weeks, I will be adding another h/u, 2 15", 2 8", and an amp. I don't have any room for anything anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Oh, and also have at least 10 boxes for miscellaneous car audio products in my room...

Although not perfectly, a lot of those describe me. It's just that I'm an SQ guy and I don't eat THAT much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hmmmm.............. Let's see, I have two set's of Kappa coaxes (4" and 6") one in my moms car, and the other used in the bench at our shop. I have an old Kenwood 4 channel amp in my moms car, A 5 channel Soundstream amp used to power the speakers in the bench at work, A soundstream Reference 500 sitting in my room, 2 a/d/s/ 3 series 12" subs sitting in my room, my a/d/s/ 3 series components sitting at work, my old Clarion tape deck at work, and my old Bazooka tubes in my closet. I also have 4 old KLW audio processors at work. I used to have my Sony XDP-210EQ processor in my room for a year till I finally sold it.

how about when everything even yr speech has to do with car audio??

like if yr boys ask u what u think of that girl..and u say yea the says she rates her self at 1000 watts but i bet she only puts out 250

2,4,6,8 and definately 9 would be the best to describe me

i'm kind of putting spl on the back burner for a while, i just want some stuff to listen to and scare people out of my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by NDMstang65 2,4,6,8 and definately 9 would be the best to describe me

i'm kind of putting spl on the back burner for a while, i just want some stuff to listen to and scare people out of my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I got an idea, Nick- set up 2 different systems, each with their own kill switch- and put the 18" behind the passenger seat...whenever someone pisses you off, switch to that and play a nice 60 hz sine wave for them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by snova031 I got an idea, Nick- set up 2 different systems, each with their own kill switch- and put the 18" behind the passenger seat...whenever someone pisses you off, switch to that and play a nice 60 hz sine wave for them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ill pass - i'm not cutting my box all to **** for no purpose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.