Does It Matter Korean Or Usa

I talked to Kenny the other day. Very cool guy, and I really want to try a few Lunar models in my own install instead of only hearing them in someone else's.
Kenny is a friend of a friend, hence the reason I decided to give them a try.

I currently have a pair of older L60x2s bridged to each door in my Civic. In my Mustang I am currently running an L2125 bridged to my 13w6v2. I am thinking of moving the L2125 to my mids/highs for the time being and using the L1500 on my 13w6v2. My poor Mustang has been through so many temporary setups. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Regardless, Lunar Amplifiers has ended my reign of running those ancient, dinosaur era, Linear Power Amplifiers! At least I have been getting my money back on eGay!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

We have a project to place a buildhouse in 1-2 years in North America.

But we still would not have the asiatic price on the low power amps. Most people cares only with pricing, and the rest are our target consumers.

As with anything, if you're willing to pay the price overseas buildhouses can do a great job. My father makes a career out of getting products manufactured overseas and reselling to US based companies so they can resell to consumers, and while it may not be car audio related, I'm assuming it's a very similar beast. I work with him every now and again because I like knowing how these things work, and the build house can do just about any quality you want, but the price does go increasing as the quality does..

fvck it i run a zenon based amp now(cactus 5k) and im down with asian products....... but i may have to go brazilian and give murilo a call around christmas for my new setup

How does Korean amps compare in quality of components as to the amps built in the mid to late 1990's that are still running today?
Ahh, you sneaky one.... Let's think of Richard LeMay's Orion company. His philosophy, while living (may he RIP), was to spare NO expense and produce the best possible product for the money with the best possible components.

Fast forward to the modern era where every single company is thinking about their bottom line while taking every possible shortcut to minimize failures within the given warranty period. Granted, some products that come out of Korea are well made whereas others are not as well made. IMHO, the main thing we are losing is product differentiation because amplifier X by this company is basically the same as amplifier Y by another company.

How would you like it if Governmental Motors (GM) made every single vehicle available in the automotive market? Now, maybe you can understand my beef with so many different companies re-branding Zenon amplifiers. Regardless, maybe it is a good thing things are moving in the same, boring direction because I am about to get out of car audio for a while and start to focus on DIY home improvements.

How does Korean amps compare in quality of components as to the amps built in the mid to late 1990's that are still running today?
It's not just korea, it's the build house, and what components are going in the amp. Zenon makes some nice stuff. Sundown comes out of there, to name one name. I don't believe arc is made by them, but the build house that makes arc also makes some cerwin vega amps.

Now if their going to be running the same in 10 years, I don't know. Good stuff though.

Fast forward to the modern era where every single company is thinking about their bottom line while taking every possible shortcut to minimize failures within the given warranty period.
Every single?

I wouldn't go that far...

C'mon guys, this is the same BS as the people who claim that Japanese electronics in the '70s were the pinnacle of home electronics, and that nothing built today is on the same level. Even in the 12V world, there are amps being made today that aren't mass-produced using the some standardized OEM PCB, that contain the same level of quality components as your favorite vintage amps, and will last just as long.

The generalizations get old, fast.

Every single?
I wouldn't go that far...

C'mon guys, this is the same BS as the people who claim that Japanese electronics in the '70s were the pinnacle of home electronics, and that nothing built today is on the same level. Even in the 12V world, there are amps being made today that aren't mass-produced using the some standardized OEM PCB, that contain the same level of quality components as your favorite vintage amps, and will last just as long.

The generalizations get old, fast.
You don't know that until people will one keep the same product in their car long enough for it to last 10-20 years. And even those people may or may not be on this forum.

You don't know that until people will one keep the same product in their car long enough for it to last 10-20 years.
I'm willing to bet there are European IASCA competitors that could gladly provide examples //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Out of about 100 car audio companies maybe 20 of them will produce high quality Korean, Chinese or Taiwanese products. I am willing to assume that not only are they going overseas to save money on labor but also to save money on parts as well.

If China, Korea or Taiwan suffered a total catastrophic wipe out and forced all over seas production to come back home, not ONE of you fvckers here would have a system because you'd be too busy complaining of the prices to get out in your dammn car build one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I fully support products made here and choose them when budget allows (have Eclipse and TRU amps in my car right now) but some of the best stuff I own is made 'over there'...Peerless, Pioneer, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.