Does It Matter Korean Or Usa

Does it make a difference these days whether an amp is USA made or made in Korean? Typically 95% of todays amps are made in either Korea, China or Thailand. Will the quality suffer?
no but the people will *****. you wanna feed them some more rice or feed your kids?

no but the people will *****. you wanna feed them some more rice or feed your kids?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

oh please... gone are the days of GOOD OL USA made crap...lol

this whole Made in the USA **** is getting old...

as long as QC is up to snuff all is good..

I can only imagine the cost of the same amplifier if made in the US..lol

the little *****es on here complain about having to pay $1000 for an amplifier already

Imagine if it was made in the US... you'd have to pay those LAZY A$$ workers 50x the amount the of what people are paid overseas to build them...

The products made in Asia are only as good as the design, engineering and the quality control standards imposed on the factories.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Asian designed, engineered and manufactured products available that are not designed or engineered very well and there are many companies that buy them as is and simply put there name on it.

You need to know who is selling the properly designed and engineered products and who is not.

There are a lot that are not.

It doesn't matter where it is made, but, building the amplifier overseas does keep unit of production costs down. The things that should matter most are value for your dollar, product quality, and customer service should the need ever arise. I know I like to bust balls about Korean and Chinese amps, but where it is made really doesn't matter as long as the product is decent and can perform as expected.

On the flip side, since there is little to no R&D these days AND we are starting to lose product differentiation as well as diversication, everything has become a name on a heatsink. I know I sound like a broken record, but this is fuggin AMERICA and I like having a choice dammit. I am getting to the point where someone's new and exciting product doesn't excite me because it is yet another Zenon built, "me too" amplifier with a different name on the same generic heat sink. I really wish they would change their minimum unit requirement because too many fly by night companies are going to start popping up... like.... *cough, cough* Merlon/Merlin out of Houston.

It doesn't matter where it is made, but, building the amplifier overseas does keep unit of production costs down. The things that should matter most are value for your dollar, product quality, and customer service should the need ever arise. I know I like to bust balls about Korean and Chinese amps, but where it is made really doesn't matter as long as the product is decent and can perform as expected.
On the flip side, since there is little to no R&D these days AND we are starting to lose product differentiation as well as diversication, everything has become a name on a heatsink. I know I sound like a broken record, but this is fuggin AMERICA and I like having a choice dammit. I am getting to the point where someone's new and exciting product doesn't excite me because it is yet another Zenon built, "me too" amplifier with a different name on the same generic heat sink. I really wish they would change their minimum unit requirement because too many fly by night companies are going to start popping up... like.... *cough, cough* Merlon/Merlin out of Houston.

everyone and their father think they are a Car Audio company/manufaturer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

when all they do is REBADGE...NOTHING ELSE....

these forum boner products are just what they are FORUM boners...

they do enough to fulfill their minimum requirement order from the buildhouses

and maybe a bit more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

bottom line is there is nothing special about any of the gear... and THATS A FACT !

The amps and all the speaker parts besides the coils, I'm most likely going to get the voice coils built in the U.S but i haven't decided yet. I'm designing everything myself.
by designing do you mean you have a nice catalog with generic heatsinks and then you choose the one which you like the most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and get that slapped on to the same amplifier that many other companies already have out there

amps from the good buildhouses in south korea rival the quality and attention to detail of class d and a/b amps made in good ol USA, which there are very few of.

While I support MADE IN THE USA ......

I will take whatever amp puts out clean power. I currently run TRU amps that are all built in the USA and well they are great quality amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.