SOLD Does anyone know member "VERNISOG" here or have we (2 other members) been scammed?

olddog
10+ year member

canada
I sent payment through payal to member Versinog for the eclipse nav system he was selling only to realise he also collected payment from another member "claydog". he claims through pm that he both sent multiple offers out and mixed up our names thats was why he collected payment from both of us. he nonetheless advised me that he was going to refund claydog snd send me tracking information by yesterday.

unfortunately, he has gone MIA since then. he was always quick to rsponding to pms before payments but now even several messages have not been replied to.

here is the original thread for the sale of the Eclipse avn6620 nav system.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318004&page=2

does anyone know him personally or how to get a hold of him. i would still give the benefit of the doubt assuming he was just delaying shipping to me but he hasn't responded since and also told claydog he would be refunding him 3days ago but this hasn't happened. he seemed to have a bunch of references in his sig but i don't know how valid those are.(he even added me to his reference sig even though i haven't recieved item or completed the transaction to be able to vouch for him)

Can anyone in his sig comment or something or has anyone dealt with him before? He said he lives in Cypress....

i hope he can come out and resolve this issue before it escalates further...

anyone? any info?

UPDATE...........

I filed a paypal dispute this morning and within minutes i get a reply to my e-mail from "Anthony Cortez" with e-mail corayant@gmail.com saying he didn't do any transaction on his paypal account and someonemust have hacked into his account. he claims however hat the funds are on hold because of the dispute claim i filed and he wants to resolve this.

at this point, am not sure whether or not this "anthony Cortez" is Vernisog or maybe vernisog just hacked into his account. hell, at this point am even thinking vernisog is the same guy as claydog(can someone with experience perform an IP ADDRESS check or something).

i have requested for the paypal account holder "Anthony Cortez to simply refund the funds he found in his account if he truly knows nothing about it. i also dropped him my number and requested his which should not be a problem if he has nothing to hide.

i make sure even though he responded via direct e-mail that i still copy and paste and respond via paypal's resolution centre.

Here is an update from the resolution centre. read from bottom to top.

"From Buyer: michael omitiran on 5/31/2008 08:31 PDT

Okay, i just recieved a reply via email from Anthony Cortez( please note that every message i egt or communicate with Anthony Cortez will be via this resolution centre even if he responds via e-mail). Anyways, here is a copy of the e-mail he just sent me

"Michael,

My name is Anthony Cortez and this morning I received a message from paypal saying there is a dispute over an item not received. I'm confused on this issue because I have not done any recent transactions through ebay furthermore I NEVER deal with anyone outside of the US so I know it wasn't me. Who were you dealing with and what site were you using? I would like to get this resolved just as quickly as you would. Either there was a mistake with the transfer or someone OTHER THAN ME hacked into my account. I want to reassure you that I have NO intention on keeping the money that was put into my account, it is still there and is frozen because of the dispute you filed. Hopefully we can work together to figure this out.

--

*Anthony Cortez*"

Anthony claims he has no idea what happened and maybe someone hacked his account. The good thing though is that he said the money is still in his account and is hold hold. So we should at this point mark this down that the money is in his possession. (i would not like to come back and read otherwise).

If Anthony Cortez genuinely has no idea what is going on, he can simply log on to paypal and refund the money back to me.

MY phone number is 416 *** **42 and i wish he would send me his so we can discuss on phone.

Thanks Anthony for your response and i hope we can solve this amicably too.

Please send me your number or call me at 416 *** **42 so we can facilitate a resolution. The Forum which the seller was on is carforum.com and he is using the usernam "Vernisog". Please let us solve this asap.

i also suggest you change your paypal password and respond via the resolution centre so all can see whatever we communicate or exchange.

Thanks

Michael

From Buyer: michael omitiran on 5/31/2008 07:55 PDT

i sent payment of $570 to seller for an eclipse navigatio item which i stated in the memo section when sending payment.He claimed he had no cell phone or landline because he lived alone but communicated efficiently and responded well thorught the private messaging section of caraduio.com. however, after payment was sent seller has not responded to any of my messages to advice tat he has shipped item or even offer any excuse. he has gone MIA.

i also realised he collected payment from one Mr "claydog" on the forum for the same item he collected payment from me for.

i advise client to get back to me with a tracking # of the shipped item or refund my total money back.

Seller claimed he got my name and the other party's name mixed up thats why he collected payment from the other party too but that he was going to refund the other guy and send me the item.,

none of this is yet to be fulfilled.

i hope we can resolve this issue before it escalates further"

Im pretty sure he bought a box from me, but that Anthony name doesnt ring a bell. If so, I will have a lot of info for you. Ill dig through some stuff when I get home later today.
Do you have the paypal address of the guy, or is it corayant@gmail.com?
yes, that's the paypal address he used. the payment was sent and recieved through that e-mail.

any help will be appreciated.

the thing is when i sent the funs to that e-mail and name on paypal, Vernisog came here and acknowledged that he recieved the payment. so there is no ay he can say he doesn't know that name or e-mail. except if he was hacking into the so-called Anthony Cortez's paypal account and hoping to transfer the funds to Anthony's bank account. which would mean he has access to Anthony's bank account.

Can you please check what paypal name/email or info Vernisog used in dealing with u or anyone and if it mathches this here.

if this is a whole big misunderstanding, then Vernisog needs to log on here and air things out. On another forum he used his name while posting some wheels for sale as ROB.

Am not too sure about that "claydog" member too (sorry if u are legit but am just stating my mind). i feel he might be the same guy as Vernisog and until an IP confirmation or something shows otherwise, am still convinced they are one.

Hey bjfish11, he does have u in his sig as one of his references so am guessing u guys must ahve dealt before. please see what u can dig up for me.

Any useful info is greatly appreciate guys.

Claydog, u might want to chime in here also to state your case.

Vernisog has not logged on since 12.38am yesterday which means he hasn't been on since yesterday. Maybe he will come on and air things out but things are not looking good at all.

olddog

i been scrummaging on the internet and so far, i have gathered a lot forums that he is registered on from driveaccord.com,300c to mustangs,SoCalEVO,nextpimp, youtube, etc....

Some of them say he last logged on on the 29th which is not too far from his last log-on date here of may 30th at midnight(so we might as well say 29th).

maybe he hasn't had access to a computer or something, we'll see....

am still giving the benefit of doubt. but i know i won't mind registering in each and everyone of those dozen forums his on to dig up more stuff and relate with other members on those forums. definitley something will come up. i only found one "scammer" thread about him on another forum for now but we'll see... His zip code in cypress corresponds to all the other info he has on other forums.

hopefully he can log on and prove me wrong....

any info is appreciated guys...

Can a mod please do an IP check on claydog and Vernisog...

olddog

okay, some more digging without actually registering and asking other memebrs on other forums reveal to me that his ROB is his real name since he used it in two different forums for apllications a s a moderator. he was also born in 1986 and resides in So. Cal with zip 90630.

why would you have reason to suspect "claydog" of any wrongdoing?
Not sure why he would have to come in here and "state his case" to you...
not accusing him of anything..yet. Just stating my suspicion. thats all.

I communicated with him via pm and i told him i was going to start a thread about this and he said it was ok.

so, all am doing is asking him to chime in and contribute to the thread with whatever info that might aid us in retrieving our funds (assuming the situation is what it is).

i have no interest in whether he states his case or not. Am just being proactive for both of us. And when i ask him to chime in and state his case: am not saying to me. am refering to other members so we can get help. he has nothing to prove to me dog.

PLUS, if he has nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem for him...

olddog

Here is his address from the paypal payment to me:

Robert Arredondo

4582 Marion Ave.

Cypress, CA 90630

United States

This payment was made 4-17-2007, so it may be an old address.

The email address on the account was vernisog@yahoo.com. If you need anymore info, let me know and I will do what I can.

Robert Arredondo

4582 Marion Ave.

Cypress, CA 90630

United States

The email address on the account was vernisog@yahoo.com. If you need anymore info, let me know and I will do what I can.
thanks alot man

did u happen to have phone #?

i will wait till monday before contacting the authorities in SoCal.

last he logged on was yesterday and no response still....

i tried doing a mock transaction by attemppting to send $1 to his vernisog@yahoo.com email and it confirmed that it was a paypal account but said "Authorization Failed, This recipient is currently unable to receive money." which makes me believe that his account has been suspended or is on hold. And that usually happens when a claim, dispute or scam has been noted on your account.

And "claydog", the other member scammed has nothing to add to my 2 posts about this situation which makes me suspect something.

olddog

Robert Arredondo

4582 Marion Ave.

Cypress, CA 90630

United States

good find fish

start a new thread or search for some people around his area, maybe they can get a group to go over there and have a talk with him. i hate scammers. but i hope you get your money back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.