SOLD Does anyone know member "VERNISOG" here or have we (2 other members) been scammed?

olddog
10+ year member

canada
I sent payment through payal to member Versinog for the eclipse nav system he was selling only to realise he also collected payment from another member "claydog". he claims through pm that he both sent multiple offers out and mixed up our names thats was why he collected payment from both of us. he nonetheless advised me that he was going to refund claydog snd send me tracking information by yesterday.

unfortunately, he has gone MIA since then. he was always quick to rsponding to pms before payments but now even several messages have not been replied to.

here is the original thread for the sale of the Eclipse avn6620 nav system.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318004&page=2

does anyone know him personally or how to get a hold of him. i would still give the benefit of the doubt assuming he was just delaying shipping to me but he hasn't responded since and also told claydog he would be refunding him 3days ago but this hasn't happened. he seemed to have a bunch of references in his sig but i don't know how valid those are.(he even added me to his reference sig even though i haven't recieved item or completed the transaction to be able to vouch for him)

Can anyone in his sig comment or something or has anyone dealt with him before? He said he lives in Cypress....

i hope he can come out and resolve this issue before it escalates further...

anyone? any info?

good idea.

there was a scammer on another forum who got totally owned. had all his personal info all on the internet and had a picture of his house and car posted. the guy begged so much after the frustration.

which section of the forum would be best to ost a request for people living close to him...

the lounge, just start one asking if there is anyone around his area in cali, and then go into why you need to know. and i remember that guy that got owned, i wish that would happen to every scammer

Update.....................

So am in the club dancing with this half black/half portugese hotness in the club around 2.30am when i get an e-mail on my blackberry.

i take my time to read this disturbance and its from Anthony Cortez: the alleged victim who claimed someone used his paypal account ot request money from me for the eclipse unit.

he says he found out who was using his account and that it was his friend who was legit and all that......here is the copied e-mail and my response..

----- Original Message ----

To: Michael O

Sent: Sunday, June 1, 2008 12:27:28 AM

Subject: Re: disputed paypal item?

i found out who was using my paypal account. it was one of my friends doing it behind my back without me knowing of it first.

he has used my ebay before but NEVER used my paypal before.... so thats why i had no idea who was using it other than me.

He is a real person and legit... he told me he sent out the item that you bought from him. he also said he has the tracking info and that hes going to send it to you asap... if he allready hasnt.

here is my repsonse to the e-mail:

First of all, doesn't your friend have a name? And how do i know he is legit and real. If I didn't raise an alarm would you have contacted me saying u don;t know how certain funds arrived in your paypal account (am saying this on the hypothesis that u are not in fact the scammer). I do not know what to believe now or even if the said shipped package contains anything. your friend has still not contacted me through caraudio.com to defend himself on the threads i started about him scamming me. neither has he contacted me via private messaging saying item has been shipped.

am going to leave the claim open because something looks fishy about everything including the shipment. if the shipment arrives and all is fine, then i will close and cancel the claim but i serously have a feeling there is something fishy.

ask your friend to contact me.

Thanks

Michael

-I beg you to note that Vernisog has still not contacted me through pm or disputed my accusations through the threads i have opened and his so-called friend is e-mailing me.

-also, i am skeptical about the tracking info anthony Cortez sent me on behalf of his friend. I will not close paypal claim until i recieve the item and verify contents are as promised. (i doubt that though)

-Also, other member "claydog", who apparently also got scammed by vernisog has not posted a single note on here to try to get his money back.

sorry for the late responce. just came from work. olddog i was thinking just like you. i tought you were in on this scam. i dont know who to believe now. email vernisog numerous times and got no responce. so i filed a complaint against antony cortez corayant@gmail.com on may 28. still did not hear from him until now. i checked my email just now and i recieved an email paypal said the item is on the way with a ups tracking number. how do i know that the eclipse av6620 is in the package. what if he just sent a bunch of rocks....i dont know whats going on. i still wont believe until i get the eclipse av6620. if the eclipse av6620 is on the way...why can he not email me and say its on the way. yes im pissed its couse i was worried about $550. vernisog email us and explain what happen.

this is the first and last time im gonna wire someone money. now im thinking what if the eclipse is not in the package? what if the eclipse is not working. can i still get my money back if that happens. olddog i hope that you get your money back.

sorry for the late responce. just came from work. olddog i was thinking just like you. i tought you were in on this scam. i dont know who to believe now. email vernisog numerous times and got no responce. so i filed a complaint against antony cortez corayant@gmail.com on may 28. still did not hear from him until now. i checked my email just now and i recieved an email paypal said the item is on the way with a ups tracking number. how do i know that the eclipse av6620 is in the package. what if he just sent a bunch of rocks....i dont know whats going on. i still wont believe until i get the eclipse av6620. if the eclipse av6620 is on the way...why can he not email me and say its on the way. yes im pissed its couse i was worried about $550. vernisog email us and explain what happen.

who did you file the complaint with?

It's okay for u to suspect me too. i don't have a problem with that. but i still find it hard to believe that for days u didn't log on to follow up when u realised someone scammed u.

he alsosent me a UPS tracking # saying the package is on its way and since u said he sent u a tracking # also that the package is on its way, this makes it a confirmed fraud. The tracking # he sent me is 1z7f4y166800830808.

i am posting it on here so anyone who wants can use it to look at the status on ups.com. If he sent u a tracking # like u said, please post it on here so we can see when he initiated the shipment. and in fact see whther u are not just lying to mix things up. some people ususally create an electronic shipment through the ups website to decieve buyers that item has been shipped but this tracking # shows its in transit which means some "package" might actually have been picked up by ups and is enroute to me. contents however are what i believe will be the best joke ever.

this is the first and last time im gonna wire someone money. now im thinking what if the eclipse is not in the package? what if the eclipse is not working. can i still get my money back if that happens. olddog i hope that you get your money back.
Did you paypal him or wire him money. they are two different things. Can you copy and paste any proof from the paypal website about the transaction?

also, post tracking # he sent u.

SO, TRACKING NUMBER WAS SENT TO TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PACKAGE AND ITS CONTENT.

VERNISOG STILL HASN'T LOGGED ON TO DISPUTE ANYTHING AND EVEN THOUGH I SENT E-MAILS TO HIM THROUGH VERNISOG@YAHOO.COM AND TO HIS SO-CALLED FRIEND ANTHONY CORTEZ AT CORAYANT@GMAIL.COM, THERE STILL HAS BEEN NO RESPONSE.

i cant believe that we both got a tracking number.

proof that i paypal him the money

Your payment for $550.00 USD to corayant@gmail.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment Details

Amount: $550.00 USD

Transaction ID: 7FM00673AK1591816

Subject: eclipse avn 6620

here is what paypal sent me

Tracking Company: UPS

Tracking Number: 1z7f4y160300832615

1 thing I saw on UPS: Old dog your package's weight is only 5.9 lbs while claydog's package is 11.2 lbs. Seem like claydog has better hope for good result.

Anyway, good luck you guys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey olddog im gonna call paypal again today and give them an update that we both got a tracking number. i also wanna let you know that i cant respond rite away to this thread couse i have a job to go to. ...you wrote why did i not post on this thread sooner... if i dont respond that means im at work.

hey claydog,

whats the update?

let me know bro....

two tracking numbers sent to me and u indicate shipping. so please someone logically explain how 1 item for sale can be shipped to two different people.

except if......the packages are.........

olddog

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.