SOLD Does anyone know member "VERNISOG" here or have we (2 other members) been scammed?

olddog
10+ year member

canada
I sent payment through payal to member Versinog for the eclipse nav system he was selling only to realise he also collected payment from another member "claydog". he claims through pm that he both sent multiple offers out and mixed up our names thats was why he collected payment from both of us. he nonetheless advised me that he was going to refund claydog snd send me tracking information by yesterday.

unfortunately, he has gone MIA since then. he was always quick to rsponding to pms before payments but now even several messages have not been replied to.

here is the original thread for the sale of the Eclipse avn6620 nav system.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318004&page=2

does anyone know him personally or how to get a hold of him. i would still give the benefit of the doubt assuming he was just delaying shipping to me but he hasn't responded since and also told claydog he would be refunding him 3days ago but this hasn't happened. he seemed to have a bunch of references in his sig but i don't know how valid those are.(he even added me to his reference sig even though i haven't recieved item or completed the transaction to be able to vouch for him)

Can anyone in his sig comment or something or has anyone dealt with him before? He said he lives in Cypress....

i hope he can come out and resolve this issue before it escalates further...

anyone? any info?

olddog make sure you open the package in front of the ups guy. its too late for me. when i came home the package was already recieved so theirs was no way of looking at it infront of the ups guy. is vernisog real name robert arredondo? ? ? . robert arrendondo that sounds like his a flip...

that's crazy man.....paypal said the funds are on hold in his account and am sure they are waiting for the tracking # t say delievered. i have authorized everyone not to accept any package and besides since its an international package, there is a custom fee required and they won't leave the package until its paid. i plan on going to pick it up myself and before they have any idea open the package before they even have any chance to scan my i.d...

we'll see what this moron put inside mine...

his real name is Robert Arredonde and the paypal account owner is Anthony Cortez. the shipper of mine too is Steve Mogica.

i have a questio though... since the shipper's name does not match the name of the paypal account holder, can't a person claim he never recieved any package from that paypal account holder?

i could basically tell paypal steve mogica is someone else that i know in california...

does anyone have any idea?

so,

UPS guy who came to deliver today happened to be my friend and since i wasn't home he called me on my phone. i asked him to open the package and he found rocks and bags of sand. he sealed the package backup and he is sending it back as a refused/undelivered package. i spoke to paypal and they said as long as the tracking # says undelivered, funds will be reimbursed into my account. catch is if he has already moved the funds into his bank account, he just wouldn't be able to use his paypal account and it would be in the -ve but i would still be out of my funds....since paypal cannot dip their hands into his personal account. we'll see what happens....

this is freaking hilarious.....lol

UPDATE.........

so i ahve been very proactive since the beginning of this crap and i did tell that moron and his gang that they would not get away with my money.

i refused the package and have since been calling paypal everyday. i was told the money would be given back to me as i recievd the package but UPS has to confirm that the seller is getting it back or it will be destroyed.

the paypal rep wen further to release info on the scammers account saying cos i started a dispute early enough, he was not able to move the funds to his bank account in time. so both my funds and Claydogs funds are on hold in his paypal account until the dispute is closed.

SO, Claydog, i think u should still open a paypal claim saying you didnt get the item described in the package. i told every paypal rep i spoke to about how he scammed me and u and how u recieved a box filled with sand. i also asked them to continuously leaves notes on my purpose of calling everytime i called and forwarded them all the e-mails myself and the scammers sent back and forth.

i also sent them a link to this thread here.

so go file a claim as your funds are still very much re-claimable. and u can for sure get it back...no doubt

PM your number and i can call you on the process.

olddog

Your lucky you did it soon enough, as much as you like talking I am sure you told him that you didnt accept it when you told him he was not getting away with your money..

i wish i could of done what you did. its was too late for me, when i came home the package was already inside my house. I been talking to paypal almost everyday about the dispute. even my credit card company. since we both got scammed by the same guy, its make our case with paypal stronger. Hope paypal dont turn their back on us...

i wish i could of done what you did. its was too late for me, when i came home the package was already inside my house. I been talking to paypal almost everyday about the dispute. even my credit card company. since we both got scammed by the same guy, its make our case with paypal stronger. Hope paypal dont turn their back on us...
You know, I was dropping off a package at ups the other day and a lady walked in with a package that the driver had left on her porch (without knocking first). She explained this to the guy at the the counter and told him that she wanted to refuse the delivery. He took the package back from her, scanned it, and that was that. Now, I don't know if that was an exception but it was nice to know that refusing delivery even after the fact may still be possible.

As for Paypal, take everything they tell you with a grain of salt. I got scammed a few months ago and filed a claim the day after I sent my payment. Well, the customer rep kept telling me that the funds were put on hold as soon as I filed the claim and that there wasn't enough time for the seller to withdraw them into his bank account because I acted so quickly. Well, guess what happened after they concluded their investigation? Yep, I got that generic email from them (that I quoted in my earlier response) about them finding in my favor but him not having any funds in his account.

-Jose

Oh, and for future reference, put these kinds of threads in the proper (feedback) section. If I had seen all this sooner -which I would've had it been in the right section- I would have posted my previous reply sooner -which might've kept 'claydog' from "accepting" that package (via the note on the door advising the driver not to leave any packages)....and I'm sure there would've been others telling you both the same thing (about refusng delivery) as well.

Good luck guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.