Dodoge intrepid, rear speaker wiring....

Participant count
  • Participant list

turrrtle

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Ok, I took the rear factory speakers out of my '97 Intrepid and replaced them. I have the Factory Cassette player with factory CD changer control. the factory speakers have 4 wire connects per speaker, but the replacemnts only have 2 connectors. i tried all combinations possible that I could think of with the wires, and eventually just wired two per speaker, the ones that worked the best. The rear speakers do not put out enough bass now, unless I set the balance control only to put sound out of a single rear speaker. Any suggestions?

Well each set of wires is designed to drive a different speaker. On the factory infinity speakers, The midbass is driven seperatly from the tweeter. This is how they can claim like a bajillion speakers. The factory amp in internally crossed over because of this. Hence to sets of wires. If it was me I would find out which ones ran to the midbass and just run those, but I don't like rear fill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.