DO you use Sirius or XM radio?

Well if your a big radio listener-to-er and are willing to put that much money into it and pay the monthly subscription fee then yes it is a good deal. I personally rarely listen to the radio all i listen to are cd's because one minute i fee like listening to bass mekanik and the next ludacris and im too lazy to go searching through hundreds of channels searching for a ludacris or bass mekanik song. I would however get it added to my ex-car if i traveled alot because that's when i usually listen to the radio on long trips so i won't melt my subs on a 5 hour wang tour. Basically it's all about what you want.

Working at an audio shop i install many sat. systems, both XM and sirius. I personally like sirius a little better. The coverage seems to be a bit better, and i personally like the programming better. When it really boils down to it, either is a good choice, they are both really alike. I would preview boths programming, and make your decision then.

i m gonna agree w someone above. i like sirius better, a little bit more expensive but the selection of music is better. sirius $12.95 a month, while xm 9.99 a month. however, xm only has 30 commercial free channels, while sirius has 60.

havin that been told, xm is too repetitive imo, i work at cc, so i know, we listen to xm or sirius all day long. u become tired of the songs in xm just cuz they play the same in a loop in jsut one channel taht is.

while for sirius, there's more variety, n every song is 'fresh' cuz u dont hear it like 5 times in 6 hours or so.

i'll go w sirius myself, i believe only pana & sony (correct me here)

i know alpine, pioneer do xm.

I use sirius and love it. I can also listen to the streams at work for no additional charge. I believe XM has this feature now too, but it costs more per month. I do like knowing that the music streams are commercial free. I find it comical when people complain that sirius is $3 more per month. A dime a day for zero commercials on the music streams sounds like a pretty good deal IMO. Once you have satellite radio, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

so sirius is the way to go if u want to go satelite radio?
For me it makes the most sense. I will say this, once you have EITHER, I don't think you will ever go without it again.

A) Sirius music streams are commercial free

B) Sirius usually has GREAT deals on the tuners(like free). Check out the deals on crutchfield. I think they still give sirius tuners to those who buy compatible head units.

C) I can listen to the streams at work for no additional charge

But dont you need an attenta or receptor of some sort on top of the car to get sirius or XM? Thats really the only thing holding me back, cause that just screams "jack this car", and I dont want to have to pay for an alarm too

**** Chuckie.. You gots quite the setup.. What kinda box did you put those beasts in..? You gots any pictures of that setup.. I would love to see 'em..! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.