do you really need a box?

Certain compaines make woofers especially for free-air use (i.e. use without a box). I'm not sure what the exact mechanical differences between a free-air woofer and a ported/sealed box woofer are, but I don't think that these woofers perform quite as well as their boxed counterparts.

hope that awnsered your question.

all sub can be free air but do you home work frist all you need is you head an you can do it i have cdt ms 8 free air my trunk is my box so you can do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah my friend gave me his piece of crap jensen 200 watt amp. i was thinking what am i gonna do with this. so i decided to buy a kenwood tornado 10" and put it under my passenger seat and run it free air off a kill switch. it's mainly to irritate girls when they get in my car and most girls hate it. the only one's that dont are the one's that haven't gotten in my car:)

keep it thumpin,

adam

it's not so much that it irritates them. just makes them wet. and most girls don't like to be put in that kind of a mood around there friends which is what most of my female friends are. kinda just me being a young prick at times b/c i like to mess with them now if i am going out on a date or something i leave it off but if i am going to lunch with a group of friends they always make the girl sit in front b/c of that sub. and the girls end up smackin my friends upside the head for it by the time we get to where we are going.i think it's funny i put the sub in there and my friends get smacked.

keep it thumpin,

adam

hehehe yep. i enjoy doing that my friends that ride in my car are like dude i don't like my balls vibrating that much turn it off. the girls get mad and i get mad at some of them b/c some of them don't wear panties and messed up my seats pissed me off. but oh well all's well that end's well i guess. i brought it on myself though:)

keep it thumpin,

adam

So how did you add that extra sub, did you run it off one of the front channels with a passive crossover or something?

Originally posted by ctdsq all sub can be free air but do you home work frist all you need is you head an you can do it i have cdt ms 8 free air my trunk is my box so you can do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Not all drivers are designed for freeair use, and some will give terrible response if done so... Be sure to do the research prior to doing this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.