do you hide your speakers, or display them?

hey guys, I normally have always gone to great lengths to keep speakers hidden / as factory looking as possible, however, I have a nice set of components I was considering installing in exposed locations (they're aesthetically pleasing drivers). my question to you is simple: which look do you go for when installing?

keep in mind, im not concerned about theft etc. its really a question of what pleases your eyes!

hey guys, I normally have always gone to great lengths to keep speakers hidden / as factory looking as possible, however, I have a nice set of components I was considering installing in exposed locations (they're aesthetically pleasing drivers). my question to you is simple: which look do you go for when installing?keep in mind, im not concerned about theft etc. its really a question of what pleases your eyes!
People who see your drivers. Want to take them. That being said. My tweeters are on the sail panels because thats where you get stage height.

i dont really care, im a functional kind of guy, i do want it to look decent though. id just try to make it so that only the driver is exposed. should look clean enough like that if you have a nice looking set of black drivers

People who see your drivers. Want to take them. That being said. My tweeters are on the sail panels because thats where you get stage height.
Car sits locked in my garage until it goes to car shows, so thefts not an issue.

i dont really care, im a functional kind of guy, i do want it to look decent though. id just try to make it so that only the driver is exposed. should look clean enough like that if you have a nice looking set of black drivers
They're white metal cones.. Very pretty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OEM/Factory look pleases my eye IMO. Unless you can display the speaker making it look OEM like fiber glassing your doors to fit the speaker without the factory speaker grill.

I like the stalth look in most cases,yet also to keep them protected.Passengers usually dont give a Fk (mainly cause.. its not theyre vehicle) OOps I bumped the mid with my shoe ect.Id protect my speakers as much as possible even if Exposed or displayed.Who likes buying and replacing them if damaged from stupidity?Shoe gring/knee/shin,bumps and grinds,ect?Maybe cut out the stock plastics/grill areas and place Plexy for viewing with holes drilled or? be a nice way to expose and keep them protected?

you can expose if the speakers come with a nice grill like this.
PR6502IS.jpg

Depends. If your just doing a simple install with a set Of components I'd keep it factory looking.. If your do a build with 3 6.5s and couple tweets per door, show that shlt off.

Mhmmm s exy door

A world with out theft, nope I can't imagine it. Sorry
You can't imagine a world where people don't break into your locked garage? Sorry you're paranoid.

I like the stalth look in most cases,yet also to keep them protected.Passengers usually dont give a Fk (mainly cause.. its not theyre vehicle) OOps I bumped the mid with my shoe ect.Id protect my speakers as much as possible even if Exposed or displayed.Who likes buying and replacing them if damaged from stupidity?Shoe gring/knee/shin,bumps and grinds,ect?Maybe cut out the stock plastics/grill areas and place Plexy for viewing with holes drilled or? be a nice way to expose and keep them protected?
Hmm, good idea!

I was thinking plexi or metal bars when I get my new speakers
Metal bars would look great, IMO.

Depends. If your just doing a simple install with a set Of components I'd keep it factory looking.. If your do a build with 3 6.5s and couple tweets per door, show that shlt off.
Mhmmm s exy door

That's a very nice looking door! No, I won't have multiple component sets per door, no interest I that. Just a simple 3 way setup!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.