Do you agree with the below best car speakers rank?

JBL and Polk Audio have been around for a very long time and still make great speakers for the entry to mid level installs for a buyers market.
JBL makes some premium components as well which I'd have high hopes for. I'd put Harmon International products above any of the Chinese catalog """brands""".

JBL didn't have a high end offering the last time I checked their website.
JBL Arena and Infinity Beta series are priced at 2500$. I saw some other JBL components on Crutchfield early this year in the 1200$ range (offered half off) and was sorely tempted to grab some.
For the record, I'd never pay 2500$ for a set of components, I'm sure they're better than a 500$ set but not 5X better.

JBL Arena and Infinity Beta series are priced at 2500$. I saw some other JBL components on Crutchfield early this year in the 1200$ range (offered half off) and was sorely tempted to grab some.
For the record, I'd never pay 2500$ for a set of components, I'm sure they're better than a 500$ set but not 5X better.

I didn't see the Arena on JBL's homepage last time I visited. If the Arena and Beta still around those are top notch sets.

Are we talking best brands ever? Or just current?

Personally I would drop Kicker, JBL, Polk and Boss right off the list no matter what.

Also no one has mentioned MB Quart, Image Dynamics, Boston Acoustics, or Diamond Audio yet....
JBL are bad? like the stadium series?

Not sure why RF, Kenwood, Boss, Kick or JBL are on there. JBL didn't have a high end offering the last time I checked their website.

Obviously this very subjective. Hertz, Dyn, ID, Morel, Focal, Stereo Integrity, Creative Sound Solutions, Stevens Audio, Audio Frog, Scan Speak, SB Acoustics,
the below list is for the best car speakers brand. do you agree? else, what is the 5 best for you?

1)Focal
2)Kicker
3)JBL
4)Pioneer
5)JL Audio
6)Boss Audio Systems
7)Polk Audio
8)Alpine
9)Kenwood
10)Morel
11) Rockford Fosgate
I see a lot of kicker hate but has anyone ran the q class series or even heard them? If you haven't don't count them out.

Well ****, I'll see myself out. My stage is more than 2500...

Matt

Morel focal audison hertz audiofrog are not made to be extremely loud they're made to be clear. The speakers are not intended for mega bass builds hence the term sq, I learned this the hard way. Anything above 145 ish is drowning the speakers out. Don't get me wrong if you pile enough of those expressive speakers in there it will get loud but at that point is a violin or piano what you're trying to hear or is it a 808?

Packing your doors, a-pillars, and kicks full is different than spending 2 grand plus on a single set of components.

I'm just running a 3 way comp set. I don't really call that packing anything full, but I guess I see your point.

At this point I don't try to justify the cost anymore. I just accept it. I found what I like, so I'm going to spend what it costs to run what sounds good to me. Fortunately, I didn't pay retail for my drivers.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...