Do I need to replace my tweeters/rear speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Occazn

CarAudio.com Newbie
My 2011 Toyota Corolla's sound when playing music is definitely not up to par with what I want to have when I'm driving around. The car has rear speakers (above the back seat), front speakers (bottom of the front doors) and tweeters (at the edge of the front mirrors).

The rear speakers have no sound coming from them at all, whether I put my head next to them or change the fade. I'm wondering if this could be a wiring problem or if it's just the speakers being blown. If they're just blown, I'll replace them, but if it could be a wiring problem, is there anyway to fix this issue?

I'm purchasing these speakers https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DSIKGJA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to replace the front speakers along with this amplifier https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMC50VI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to install some subs/power the front/rear speakers (if the rear works, of course). Should I also purchase a separate set of tweeters for my car to replace, or should this suffice?

Thanks for any advice!

go to the trunk, take a multi-meter and check the impedance by putting the prongs straight to the pos and negative of the speaker and put the multi-meter to measure the smallest unit of ohms.  It should be around 4ish ohms if its still good.  If its good then its a wiring issue, if its not good then its blown speakers. Wiring willl be easy because you'll just run new wires from the amp to the rear speakers and you'll be installing the amp behind of your rear seats anyways so its a short run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.