Do I need the Big 3 upgrade vs a second car battery? 06 Audi A6

willspeedjr

I'm having some slight electrical problems that show up when I jack my bass up, no problems when I want a nice little thump to my music. I've been told to get a cap, which doesn't provide extra power but just streamlines the power. Whereas a second battery will give it more power. Do I need to do the big 3 upgrade before a second battery installation? Does my A6 already have a high ouptut alternator, which means I don't need the big 3 upgrade? Does the second batt have to be the same specs as the factory one, can the specs be higher than factory batt specs or can the second batt specs be lower.

CAR: 2006 Audi A6 3.2L Quattro w/ Bose/DVD Navigation

AMP: NVX 1200watt RMS JAD 1200.1

SUB: NVX VSW124 400-600 RMS (its wired to pull 600 watts of RMS, just one tho)

it really depends on each car individually , most can take 2000 rms with just a big 3 kit ,and its the cheapest way to tighten up the electrical .next would be an extra battery then alt.chances are your stock alt isnt a high out put alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.