Do I need DSP?

Participant count
  • Participants list
no, you take the passive crossover out completely and need at least 6 channels of amplification. You will be running the whole thing active 3 way. What you'd do is get the voce 3 inch midrange for midrange duties have it fiberglassed on your A pillars next to your tweeters, figure out the best angle before doing all this as in you need things hooked up so you can hear them play, use tape or whatever means to get the mids and tweeters to stay in place so you can listen for the best initial sound quality and sound stage before you commit to the fiber glass A pillars then you tune after its all done. The sound will be broken to midbass, midrange and tweeter all crossed over and time aligned on the dsp. Then you'll want to have an RTA and EQ each left and right mid/midbass individually to create a perfect overall response and sound stage This part will take up the majority of your time.
You r talking about adding two channel amp to already installed 5.1 Zapco and dsp along with midrange. I only have budget to add midrange right now. So thats why asked tweeters and mid on passive and Midbass active(4channels) and one mono channel for sub

You r talking about adding two channel amp to already installed 5.1 Zapco and dsp along with midrange. I only have budget to add midrange right now. So thats why asked tweeters and mid on passive and Midbass active(4channels) and one mono channel for sub
I was running a mid and tweeter off a two way passive crossover after my DSP because I only have a 4 channel amp for my front doors (Midbass, Mid, Tweeter) had the midbass on the rear channels and the passive crossover on the front channel. It is doable but much better to do it with dedicated 6 channels. I don't recommend the passive crossover route... though it works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.