Do I need a second battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DaveVT
10+ year member

Like A Boss
VT
2000 neon with stock alt (90 amp I think)

Im thinking a new front battery is a good idea (Kinetik HC1400)

Running 1500w max. I have a run of OFC 0 gauge for power. Big 3 is NOT done.

can I get away with the big 3 and a new front battery and be fine?. Im fused in front and the 0 gauge is run into a fused distro and from there its 4 gauge to the amp.

If I do add a second battery is it fine to ground the back battery to the chassis and the amp to the chassis?.

I found the xenon not to be that big of a current hog. I would just do the big 3 and the new battery up front. I bet you will be fine voltage wise with that if not nothing big for a second battery would be needed.

big 3 and 2nd battery.trust me you'll need it.have done a neon build in the past.kicker zx 1200 ,big 3 better battery and still needed another battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.