No AMP. What do i do with the BLUE w/white wire... I have no Sound.

Participant count
  • Participant list

edpdx

oregon
I am installing a -c-l-a-r-i-o-n- ALPINE TDM-7544 I seem to have power- it shows freqs and **** the cassette in alright; but no sound. The speakers have been soldered to the correct leads and are know to work with the former deck. The yellow and red leads are filtered and fused. The Ground is solid and checked.

I read in some other unresolved threads that the Blue w/white "remote turn-on" should be hooked to an AMP and will pre-empt sound from the speakers if not hooked up?

What am I missing here?

OOOOPS- I said Clarion- No, it is an ALPINE TDM-7544

Last edited by a moderator:
Gregulate,

I was running 4 speakers with no amp before. I never had a remote turn-on wire from the previous deck. (HU) If I am not running an AMP, is it possible that I will only be able to only run two speakers with this deck?

Gregulate,

I was running 4 speakers with no amp before. I never had a remote turn-on wire from the previous deck. (HU) If I am not running an AMP, is it possible that I will only be able to only run two speakers with this deck?

i cant find anything on that deck - it might be a faulty deck....

and to answer your question that remote wire is the on/off switch for an amp. itll tell your amp to turn on and off when the cd player does..... so if u have no amp yo dont do anything with it

Wire up your remote wire from the aftermarket headunit into the stock wire harness to the correct wire. You more then likely have a stock amplified system and it requires the remote wire to be wired to kick them on.

Sorry I said Clarion. It is an Alpine. I am replacing the Clarion. If I can't resolve this no-sound situation... What is a decent single DIN W or W/out CD that I can run 4 speakers without an AMP? Need AUX Ipod would be good.

Sorry I said Clarion. It is an Alpine. I am replacing the Clarion. If I can't resolve this no-sound situation... What is a decent single DIN W or W/out CD that I can run 4 speakers without an AMP? Need AUX Ipod would be good.
did you try what I suggested yet? I would bet it will fix the issues you are having.

Gregulate,
Hmm sorry. I just installed a new deck in my wife's car and the only wire I didn't use was the orange dimmer one. I just assumed that they would be similar: I just matched all the wires up and voila, it was done. Good luck getting yours figured out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.