Do I need a new head unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

laxkid3114

Alright guys heres my problem: I have a 2 channel Kenwood KAC-7205 powering a Kenwood 15 inch KFC-W3013PS. and another 4 channel kenwood amp to power my speakers. my head unit only has four RCA outputs, and i need 6. Is there some sort of adapter I can get to connect everything to my head unit? Or do I need a new head unit?

If your 4 channel amp doesn't have a switch to just use 1/2 inputs for signal as opposed to all 1/2 & 3/4 to get output from all 4 channels, then all you will need to do is get yourself 2 RCA Y-Adapters to make 1 set (Right & Left) of RCA cables into essentially 2 sets (2 Rights & 2 lefts). Then just make your connections and tune to your setup.

Well if anything wouldn't I need an adapter to bring the 4 RCA's from the 4 channel amp down to 2? My head unit has 4 out puts. 2 are being taken up by my sub. I need to plug my 4 channel into the head unit via 2 sets of RCA's, but obviously that wont fit.

Well if anything wouldn't I need an adapter to bring the 4 RCA's from the 4 channel amp down to 2? My head unit has 4 out puts. 2 are being taken up by my sub. I need to plug my 4 channel into the head unit via 2 sets of RCA's, but obviously that wont fit.
YES - That's what I'm saying - Use RCA Y-Adapters (Single Female In To Dual Male Out) Anything along these lines - See Pic...

300x300px-LS-4cf82c78_B00006346W-4136A1Y2P0L.jpg

Nice :) I was under the impression he didn't want to spend more money otherwise he's just buy a new HU? But YES that would work great for this application!
Also going from 2-4v on the hu,to 7v by using this unit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.