Do I need 45's in my box?

boomzilla
10+ year member

Got 'Roids?
Florida
I noticed in my slot port on the new box I'm building that in the corner, there's a little more length than the normal 3'' across the rest of the port is. I'd say maybe an inch and a half. Is it ok to put a 45 degree corner in there to make it 3'' across the the rest of my port wall? Or will I have to put 45's in all corners to make it effective enough?

Ok, I figured just one in the port would be good for the airflow, as my last box I could't figure out where the port noise was coming from, I had rounded all the edges, but that corner screwed me over somehow. Hopefully this box will sound good, and look good too. Thanks for your help!

Table saw or circular saw and tilt the blade 45 degrees
And yea, I would use 45 degree inserts as well in ports
Kool, I was hoping just one in the port would help with the airflow.

My friend had a bunch of scrap mdf laying around and I got it for free, so I couldn't pass that up. I wish I had a camera, I'm doing some resin and fiberglass on the inside, and am going to resin the entire outside for waterproofing and then it'll get some carpet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.