Do I have to run an Audio Control LC2i off of the stock head unit?

acura3.2tl
10+ year member

CO
So I want just a sub in my 2021 Kia Forte GT. It has the Harmon Kardon stereo with the subwoofer. How do I go about hooking up the Audio Control LC2i to my stock head unit? If I am only running a sub off of the LC2i do I have to go through the head unit still or just hook it up to the stock subwoofer? Thanks guys!

Since my car has the Harmon Kardon stereo will there be a subsonic filter at like 40hz on the stock subwoofer? If there is a subsonic filter the new aftermarket sub is not gonna sound right is it?

If there is a subsonic filter the new aftermarket sub is not gonna sound right is it?
That is where the AccuBass feature comes in. It corrects the subwoofer protection curve set into OEM radios. It claims to flatten the signal that the OEM reduces to protect from over excursion. I assume it will be the same for a subsonic filtered signal.

Since my car has the Harmon Kardon stereo will there be a subsonic filter at like 40hz on the stock subwoofer? If there is a subsonic filter the new aftermarket sub is not gonna sound right is it?
I'm running off the sub wires in a 2018 silverado stock system and the lc2i "worked" but It did taper off the low end, say everything below 30 or 35 hz was very lacking. I gave the kicker Keyloc a try and was honestly very surprised it brought back as much as it did. Now it plays much better at lower frequencies. Just bummed I'm stuck with a lc2i on my shelf.

I'm running off the sub wires in a 2018 silverado stock system and the lc2i "worked" but It did taper off the low end, say everything below 30 or 35 hz was very lacking. I gave the kicker Keyloc a try and was honestly very surprised it brought back as much as it did. Now it plays much better at lower frequencies. Just bummed I'm stuck with a lc2i on my shelf.
Lmfao. So the other day you tried to argue it would cost $800 to do this but today it cost $100. I'm f*cking dying laughing

Lmfao. So the other day you tried to argue it would cost $800 to do this but today it cost $100. I'm f*cking dying laughing
The other day I referenced what it would cost to bypass the entire amp. All of my speakers are still ran off the stock amp because that also handles door dings and blinkers. Without the expensive "kit" people end up amplifying their dinging to ungodly volumes. In my scenario and this op's we are only adding a subwoofer. And keeping the factory amp in place. So you can just process the signal from there. Cheers

Thanks for the update. Always good to hear about firsthand experience of a new product. Never heard of the Keyloc.
I hadn't either and took a shot at it because I was really disappointed after taking up room to install a 12 inch woofer in the back it still didn't sound right. I'm glad I tried it. Setup is a bit strange but kickers website and YouTube does a decent job explaining. You have to play test tones for the keyloc to analyze your available signal

Advice #2. Find out what your new subs enclosure is tuned to and set subsonic to 75%-100% of your box tuning. Mines tuned to 40hz, i set my subsonic to 34hz.
As far as your first question that will be in your audio settings. Im not positrive but I havent seen a stock amp that had settings on the amp like aftermarket. Theyre in the settings of the head unit.
But seriously, theres most likely NOT a SUBSONNIC SETTING. tHERE WILL BE A SUBWOOFER LEVEL SETTING AND BASS BOOST TYTPE PROBABLY. woops caps

Advice #2. Find out what your new subs enclosure is tuned to and set subsonic to 75%-100% of your box tuning. Mines tuned to 40hz, i set my subsonic to 34hz.
As far as your first question that will be in your audio settings. Im not positrive but I havent seen a stock amp that had settings on the amp like aftermarket. Theyre in the settings of the head unit.
But seriously, theres most likely NOT a SUBSONNIC SETTING. tHERE WILL BE A SUBWOOFER LEVEL SETTING AND BASS BOOST TYTPE PROBABLY. woops caps
LOL....after seeing many of your other posts/threads i think you are the last person on this website that should be giving people advice!! LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...