Do I have to Bypass the factory amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DbRufus1234
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i went to my local shop today and i was asking bout some speakers to put in my durango, which has the factory infinity system in it, and i wanted to replace the midbass speakers with some coaxials or something becasue the midbass speakers r blown and sound like crap and the guy told me that i would have to bypass the factory infinity amp before i put them in becasue if i dont it will fry the speakers, is this true? and is there anything else besides bypassing the amp i can do? and does anyone know where the factory amp is in a 2000 dodge durango? thanx

-Drew

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Thanks for all suggestions and all is installed and working great.
How exactly would I do this for after market amp and since factory is 14 channels how would I get close to the factory amp? I hit a curb on...
Please excuse this extra question .. Is there a specified patch lead or compatible bypass harness for the factory amp or would I have to create it...
Your crossover slopes will be steeper ..so sharper cutoff points ..say deck is 24db and amp is 24db youll have a 48db slope the subs will still...
That doesn't make any sense. The directions say to hook it up to the parking brake. The parking brake is engaged when the car is off. You...

About this thread

DbRufus1234

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
DbRufus1234
Northport, Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date