Do I have enough space?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why do you insist upon going with DC? That might be the source of your problems right there.
Problem? Every issue I have had with DC subs has been from my own doing. If they where bad subs they wouldnt hold records right now. Find me another 12 that will preform in 1.5 cubes. These are the most musical loud drivers I have ever heard that will fit where I need them to. Dont say the soft parts are junk cause every high power woofer out there has had issues do to misuse

Problem? Every issue I have had with DC subs has been from my own doing. If they where bad subs they wouldnt hold records right now. Find me another 12 that will preform in 1.5 cubes. These are the most musical loud drivers I have ever heard that will fit where I need them to. Dont say the soft parts are junk cause every high power woofer out there has had issues do to misuse
oh he mad.

I would say, more of this...

I wouldn't say DC is "the problem" but your application and how it loads may like other subwoofers better. Down side, you will never know with out testing.

I have seen a lot of failures of DC subs in person at comps and people posting about them online. Not to mention some people have reported significant gains just by swapping in other subs in place of their DC's. Pro Rabbit has the right idea, that other subs could possibly work better for your application but you will never know if you don't try them.

DC does not build burp subs. They build high power daily subs. Used for that purpose they are hard to touch. They just happen to get pretty **** loud when set up right. My biggest issue is the car I'm trying to get loud in. It may be a hatch but it's a round strange shaped hatch with hardly any flat surfaces. About being impressed, I've heard a few Sundown builds that didn't impress me. Does that mean they are not good? I've seen enough blown amps to steer me away from them also. Mostly bad installs.

DC does not build burp subs. They build high power daily subs. Used for that purpose they are hard to touch. They just happen to get pretty **** loud when set up right. My biggest issue is the car I'm trying to get loud in. It may be a hatch but it's a round strange shaped hatch with hardly any flat surfaces. About being impressed, I've heard a few Sundown builds that didn't impress me. Does that mean they are not good? I've seen enough blown amps to steer me away from them also. Mostly bad installs.
Most companies do not actually build "burp subs" on the production floor. They just happen to work great in that type of atmosphere. What I was implying is that every sub will react differently in each application and in your case a simple swap may net a far better result...then again.....it may not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.