Wall/4th order guru's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Austin175
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I been pondering doing a C Pillar wall or a 4th order in my jeep. Subs would be 4 SA 15"s not sure what amps yet probably a saz 3500 or dc 3500. An no I can not go behind the front seats I need my back seats for my daughter or I wouldn't have a problem doing so.

My dimensions are.

D=34"

H=36"-37"

W=40" in-between rear wells, 47"-48" over rear wells

Rear Well H= 12"-13"

Can you guys or someone mock up something for me. It's gonna be daily on music subs on passenger side port driver if it's a wall and if it's a 4th order then what ever the design is I guess.

If you want a design done for your 4th order request, I can do some prints for you if you are willing to purchase them, and we can see how well a 4th order will work. Let me know if you would be interested. Check me out if you don't already know who I am //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. All of my links are in my sig but if you need them again, let me know! Talk to you soon I hope!

[quote name='RangerDanger']@pro\-rabbit ;[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

OP-

You might be a bit "tight on space", but depending on net volumes and your goals it very well may be possible to get a 4th order back there.

Thanks.
OP-

You might be a bit "tight on space", but depending on net volumes and your goals it very well may be possible to get a 4th order back there.
Same thing on CACO. It's doable but will be a tight fit. Some have suggested doing a flat wall with all 4 subs while I have suggested doing a 4th utilizing 3 SA 15's and using the 4th as a back up sub.

Same thing on CACO. It's doable but will be a tight fit. Some have suggested doing a flat wall with all 4 subs while I have suggested doing a 4th utilizing 3 SA 15's and using the 4th as a back up sub.
Yea, the idea behind what would be suggested would be what the goals for the setup are. I like doing typical walls for daily, but at the same time for SPL I like using loading walls to create a narrow band out of the existing wall for burps. In many applications it works very very well.

Yea, the idea behind what would be suggested would be what the goals for the setup are. I like doing typical walls for daily, but at the same time for SPL I like using loading walls to create a narrow band out of the existing wall for burps. In many applications it works very very well.
Yep, sounds about right. Like 6th and 8th order BP's with high ratios.

Thanks.
OP-

If it does become tight on space, a quasi design may be applicable as well depending on the design goals. keep that in mind also.

If it does become tight on space, a quasi design may be applicable as well depending on the design goals. keep that in mind also.
indeed, but most shy away do to the "exactness' of the design. I have even been known to get building a little to quick and be off just a tad requiring a rebuild //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I wonder how a walled horn enclosure might fair?
We did a walled 4th order folded horn for 2 12s (iso).... It was for burps only

2 memphis PR 12s on a memphs 1k and was doing 156's off the dash lol...subs would only last a few burps though do to mechanical failure.

I wonder how a walled horn enclosure might fair?
Well, there are certain things to look at in horn enclosures that you typically do not concentrate as much on with conventional ports. Things such as cross-sectional cutoff points, throat impedance and velocity, and coupling efficiency at the opening in relation to driver control and LF cutoff. These vary a lot depending on the subs used, and also how much room you have to use in order to obtain a desired response goal. All in all, if these factors prove usable, a horn can give great output in SPL measurements, but its concentration can be more geared towards smoother output in car audio being that in a lot of cases, the use of line length can exceed the dimensional space for more output than that of a standard ported box with a small compression.

We did a walled 4th order folded horn for 2 12s (iso).... It was for burps only
2 memphis PR 12s on a memphs 1k and was doing 156's off the dash lol...subs would only last a few burps though do to mechanical failure.
Geez, Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.