Do 6x9 speaker baffles actually work???

lilcarus
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Austin,TX
i was just trying to find out about these and see if they are the real deal or just hype....i think this is the place to ask....i might be looking to buying a set of them for my car so my subs dont tear my 6x9s apart ...can anyone on this board give me a heads up on if they really work and what not.....thanks

h696B050381-fp.jpg

that work nice! your 6x9 will become 18inch subwoofer tuned at 20hz ... mad debeeeez!

j/k they don't do ****, marketing hype
preciate that...i was just trying to find something i can put back there so i dont taco out my 6x9s....

I just realize that you asked if it could PROTECT the speakers... sry i tough you were looking for a better midbass from the 6x9... well in that case it could work but i don't think the air movement could be harmfull to your speakers, maybe i'm wrong but i never got that kind of trouble

i was just trying to find out about these and see if they are the real deal or just hype....i think this is the place to ask....i might be looking to buying a set of them for my car so my subs dont tear my 6x9s apart ...can anyone on this board give me a heads up on if they really work and what not.....thanks
h696B050381-fp.jpg
**** dude you seem to read my freakin' mind sometimes... I got home from work and was about to ask the same question! I was thinking of maybe getting a pair of those 6x9 mini-enclosures and moving the speakers from where they are and setting the boxes on the rear deck, what do you think?

I can hear the 6x9s being slapped around when the volume is turned up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I used to put my polk 6x9 into premade 6x9 box. I guess around .2ft/cu... then suddenly the midbass disapear:crazy:

It reapear once I put those boxes into the trash container:rolleyes:

They are made to play free air, don't expect miracle from the enclosure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.